Is there a safe amount of cc's to be injected for fat grafting, or is it determined on an individual basis? (Photo)

My surgeon told me, for safety reasons he can only graft 750-1000 cc's of fat to each cheek. I don't think it is sufficient for the results I want. Is there really a "safe" amount of fat grafting for a BBL or is it on an individual basis?

Is there a safe amount of cc's to be injected for fat grafting, or is it determined on an individual basis?

The state of Florida board of medicine limits the amount of pure fat remove to 4000cc or 4liters. This is implemented for patient safety. Any higher volume then the patient would require resuscitation at a hospital setting. There is a certain "capacity" that each person has, this is not known in advance and unfortunately a surgeon can not promise you a certain number of cc's.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Amount of fat injected in a BBL

A surgeon can only inject an amount of fat that will be accommodated in a certain area (hip or buttock). There is a certain "capacity" that each person has, this is not known in advance and unfortunately a surgeon can not promise you a certain number of cc's. Each surgeon prepares the fat differently prior to injection therefore 750 cc's from one surgeon may be completely different than 750 cc's from another. Discuss this in more detail with your surgeon before having your procedure.

William Bruno, MD