If I had a revision would it typically cost the same? How long do I need to wait for revision? (Photo)

Just had implants replaced on Friday and honestly don't see much of a change. Will the shape get better? Do they look any bigger to any of you? wanted a bit more cleavage and fuller on top. They look a bit lop sided to me. I am a bit disappointed.He said he would give me 400 to 420 cc silicone, moderate plus. I had 345 saline.

Implant exchange after breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, as a rule of thumb you will not be able to see a difference in breast implant appearance unless you go up or down at least 75-150 cc. The height, weight, frame and current implants and desires are what really pushes the meter.

So a small framed women with 300cc ranged devices should be able to see a change with 75 cc. This would be the case if she wanted to fill out the bras better and not necessarily go to the next bra size. If she wanted to go up a size and fill it out, it may be 150+ cc to achieve that.

A larger women with the same sized implants would probably not even notice the 75 cc bump. So their scale would shift and she may need 125 cc to notice some difference and even more to go up and fill the next bra size.

So it is not a cut and dry situation. You would be best served going to see a plastic surgeon personally to get the best advice after examination and discussions about what your goals are.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Doctors have revision policies

to address less than satisfactory outcomes.  In your case, did you choose the amount to increase your volume by or did your surgeon?  If you made that decision, a revision may not apply since that was your decision.  As for the asymmetry, you had one prior to the exchange and you still have it, though in a little different way.  As for being larger, you are subtly larger but it may not make a difference with the bra cup your wear or even necessitate a change in your brassiere collection.  If your surgeon made the decision for you after hearing your expectations, then a revision policy may be in effect here.  Most surgeons do not charge for their services but you would be responsible for the new implants, the OR, and anesthesia fees if you were my patient.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast revision

They look bigger to me. 70cc is a small jump in size and not obvious. You are still early in the healing process and the look will evolve with time. I would have my patient wait for at least 3 months before another change in size. Best of Luck

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast revision

Well they definitely look bigger but it's just not a dramatic change. 50-75 cc's larger is not that much especially if some of those cc's are going to the cleavage area. Typically i like patients to show me a photo of the size they want to be and I will put whatever cc's necessary to get them to that size. 

David E. Kim, MD

Breast implant revision

I appreciate your question.
It doesn't appear to be a large change but this is something that needed to be discussed before surgery. Increase by 50ccs and changing from saline to silicone wouldn't give you that.
Since it was a revision, I would wait 3 months to consider what to change to.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

If I had a revision would it typically cost the same? How long do I need to wait for revision?

I would simply wait for several months before jumping into more surgery. You need to give time for the implants to settle. Make sure you follow up with your plastic surgeon who is the only one who can really give you accurate advice. The implants look great. Best of luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Revision

I agree there isn't a significant change. Due to edema and swelling wait at least 3 months prior to replacing with high profile omllan

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised wants to be "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred. You may also be happier once the swelling AROUND the breast implants dissipates and the implants' shape and projection become more visible. Patients often report that they are happier with the cleavage area once these changes occur also.

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an ÔÇťadaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

There is a specific (or standard) "waiting time" prior to undergoing revisionary breast surgery. Unless there is an acute complication however I would suggest waiting at least 3 to 6 months. In your case, I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.
Best wishes  or an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Assessing implant result

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Yes, I see a very nice enlargement from your surgery.
  • Most women early after surgery feel the size is too large or too small - give it time.
  • Cleavage is determined by anatomy - so implants don't necessarily give you cleavage.
  • You have a lot of stretch marks on your skin - so your breasts have lost elasticity -
  • They are not strong enough to hold the implant high for fullness on top.
  • Fullness on top can be added later with fat transfers.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.