Results after Vaser. What are your thoughts? Should I be looking for a revision? (Photo)

I am 8 weeks post Vaser on my Upper and Lower Abs. From my before and after photos I can see some changes. However, the bottom portion of my abs are very hard. I massage the areas twice a day. And when I look at my self from a side view, my right side looks to have been missed or still has some fat. I have spoken to my PS and he said I should improve and to give it time. What are your thoughts? Should I be looking for a revision?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring / Tummy tuck / Mommy Makeover

You needed skin removal with liposuction and weight loss before your surgery.  you were a poor candidate to begin with.  I suggest proper liposuction with tummy tuck/skin removal as a revision hi definition body shaping procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Results after Vaser. What are your thoughts? Should I be looking for a revision?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are extremely swollen and have many irregularities over your abdomen from the procedure. I have been doing VASER liposculpting for over 14 years, and based on my experience, you will need additional surgery done in the future. Will this be further liposuction with or without an abdominoplasty it is hard to tell. You are too early to contemplate a revision, need to wait at least 6 months or until your abdominal skin and fat becomes soft again. See a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. I said this many times, the VASER is a tool to help the surgeon deliver superior results. A sophisticated tool in untrained hands can do more harm than good. Good luck with your healing.

Results after abdominal liposuction

Based on your pictures you appear to have significant skin laxity, intra-abdominal fat and most probably muscle separation from previous pregnancies.

Skin laxity, muscle separation and intra-abdominal fat are not treated by liposuction and will inherently limit the potential results.

Without an examination it's hard to tell how much remaining for that you have but clearly there is a substantial difference from your procedure.

You may do much better within abdominoplasty then secondary liposuction at this time.

I personally rarely if ever do liposuction of the upper and lower abdomen without also treating the hips and waist.

Not treating the flank or backside usually leaves people with a rather unnatural for distribution.

If you are planning on having children in the future then you should not have an abdominoplasty at this time.

If you are not planning to have children in the future then liposuction of the flank area with an abdominoplasty could give a remarkable results.

In the meantime weight loss and abdominal muscle strengthening may give you a significant improvement as well.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD