What can this redness be? (photos)

I had a breast aug. and i noticed that after a week i had redness under my right breast. It does not hurt or feel hot or itchy. What can it be. I removed the tape i had. Can it be the streching or is it irritated.

Post Op Redness

Thank you for your question and photo however something like this should be evaluated in person. I recommend that you call your Plastic Surgeon for an exam.
All the best

Redness can come from many sources

and your limited photo isn't adequate to provide an objective opinion.  I hope you've contacted your surgeon by now and have been seen by him/her to determine what could be causing it.  

Curtis Wong, MD

Redness after breast aug

It could be anything from infection to allergy to the tape. It is not possible to give you advice based on one photo so please contact and be seen by your surgeon very soon. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

In person exam required

That redness is very concerning.  This is something that needs to be evaluated in person by the surgeon that performed the operation.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

What can this redness be?

Contact allergy to tape glue is not uncommon. You would benefit from being examined by your surgeon so the right treatment can begin and other reasons for redness can be ruled out. This can be simply be over the counter hydrocortisone.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Redness around breast

Thank you for your question.You may behaving a reaction to the tape. Contact your surgeon with your concerns. Best wishes.

Brian K. Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Redness

You mentioned removing the tape.  It is possible you had a reaction to the tape.  Contact your surgeon for a follow up visit to address your concern.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS