Any suggestions on Radiesse?

Had radiesse injected about a year and half ago and it made my right side of my chin have a bump that don't seem to be going away really and have some acne around the place i got it some a couple times but the last time i got it Idk if it was over injected ?

I agree with Dr Morgan that the most likely issue is that you developed a granuloma, a localized process , a reaction to the foreign body . Treatment may include cortisone injections and possible excision. See an experienced, board certified specialist.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse - chin bump that won't go away

Thank you for asking about your Radiesse.
  • It is possible your body reacted to the Radiesse and formed a granuloma (inflamed nodule)
  • If you can feel the nodule, as it seems you can, it can be removed.
  • It is unlikely to go away.
  • I suggest you see a plastic surgeon to discuss having this done or having a test injection of steroid first.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Amazing HAND REJUVENATION with Radiesse

Unlike most other FDA hyaluronic  fillers on the market in the USA, Radiesse, is a calcium hydroxylapatite  solution that is suspended in a gel
. It gives an immediate increase in volume that is visible!  It continues to improve by stimulating the body to produce more of its own natural collagen as well. This gives the filler longevity and the ability to plump cheeks and hands . Radiesse is FDA -approved for hand rejuvenation .

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Radiesse and Results

Radiesse lasts 12-15 months but at optimal correction. I would combine it with sculptra to get an even better outcome. I suggest visiting a board certified dermatologist for an evaluation. Lumps can be removed with subcision and steroid/saline/5fu injections. Best, Dr. Emer

Radiesse injection for the chin

Radiesse is pretty much gone after 1 year. The bump is unlikely to be related to Radiesse. Radiesse is not a difficult filler, it just need to be injected subcutaneously or deep against the bone (like Sculptra or Bellafill) rather than intradermally like many other fillers.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse is an extremely good filling material but is not easy to use. the best advice I can give you is to see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and make sure he is experienced with this filler

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist