What is the permanent solution to the massive bags under my eyes? (photos)

I am a 21 year old Caucasian male with huge under eye bags. I have had them for over 3 years now, and nothing I have tried helps. There is little to no fat under my eyes and they are coated with a reddish/blue tint. There is a visible line that divides the skin under my eyes to the rest of the fat on my cheeks. I am hoping to find a permanent solution; that doesn't involve temporary fillers.

Filler

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Permanent Solution to Massive Bags Under Eyes

A more permanent solution would be fat-grafting to the tear trough. 

Beverly Hills and Los Angeles Locations

Bags be gone!

Patients that have your concern can be very challenging to treat. You are right that fillers are a temporary treatment. I will typically reposition your nasal and central fat through a transconjunctival (inside eyelid) approach which would fill the demarcation area. I would recommend seeing an oculofacial surgeon who transposes fat with ease. 

Michael A. Burnstine, MD

Blepharoplasty

For a more long-lasting result, blepharoplasty is your option.
This will entail repositioning your fat to help fill the hollow groove under your eye.
Until then, fillers will help mask the problem.

Undereye bags

A lower blepharoplasty with fat repositioning would help significantly.  Keep in mind that the reddish/blue tint you have may be genetic and would have slight improvement, be may not be a permanent fix.

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

The eyes are best treated with a combination approach of fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP for improvement. Ultherapy/thermage, venus legacy all do well for swelling or puffiness. I would suggest consulting an expert. If surgery is an option they will recommend. Best, Dr. Emer

Lower fat pads

It is common for the fat in the eye socket to move forward and cause this baggy appearance. A transconjunctival blepharoplasty (removal of fat from an incision on the inside of the eyelid) will flatten out the bag and should have a lasting result. See an oculoplastic surgeon in your area.  

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

What is the permanent solution to the massive bags under my eyes?

You have under eye fat prolapse, which is best treated with natural, long-term results with lower blepharoplasty, specifically transconjunctival with fat repositioning. See video and link below.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon