What options are there for making my calves, knees and thighs thinner and more feminine? (photos)

Hello. I have very large calves, 17" which have always prevented me from wearing shorts or dresses above my ankle. Would liposuction be the best route? Would it be possible to create a more feminine shape to my entire legs with liposuction or another option? Also approximately how much would it cost? I am in the Northern California area. Thank you.

Liposuction for my calves?

Thank you for asking about your calf liposuction.

• You are on the right track - liposuction is your best choice.
  • Please have it done by an experienced plastic surgeon -
  • The recovery can be quite difficult -
  • You will need to wear compression stockings for many months afterwards.
  • Your surgeon will discuss the details of your recovery - 
  • Above all the cannula should be small and the goal reshaping your legs, not removing all the fat -
  • Removing too much fat will leave the skin too loose.
  • Northern California has excellent plastic surgeons -
  • Go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons to find those surgeons who are near you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction Candidate? Legs Need Meticulous VASER HI DEF contouring

I would suggest consulting with a board certified cosmetic dermatologist for further evaluation of your legs. You appear to be a great candidate for fine contouring. I suggest consulting with a VASER Hi definition contouring specialist. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction can really shape those thighs, calves and ankles but run about $10,000 for quality work.

There is very little options that can really shape the thighs, calves and ankles like tumescent liposuction with the micro canulas. And very few docs with the expertise to do it. It is expensive but so worth it when you consider how important it is to you. Cost can be around $10,000 for quality work.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Calf Reduction

Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can easily reduce the bulge that some people have in their ankles. The skin typically retracts well and the incisions are easily hidden in the body's natural contours in the sides of the ankles. Because a procedure on such bony body parts requires delicacy, I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, in order to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. It involves less downtime and side-effects than traditional liposuction and is particularly good for small areas of fat deposits like the ankles. New technology that's gentler and faster than ever before not only allows the removal of fat, but also resculpts the body. When looking for a surgeon for something very specific, such as liposuction of the calves and ankles, it is important to find a doctor who routinely performs the procedure and who can show you before and after pictures of patients that they have operated on. These images will not only give you a sense of the surgeon’s skill, but will help you to better visualize the procedure for yourself.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Questions

Since you have so many questions, I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options and questions. Some surgeon do avoid liposuction below the knees due to the increase in risks and longer swelling. Also, the fees can be discussed with you at that time.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon