My nipples are too low? (Photos)

Hi ! I'm one month and a week after my breast augmentation. I had 350cc teardrop implants under the muscle! Im not happy with the nipples they are too low for me! I would like to know will the shape of my breast change or not?? I have read somewhere that tear drop implants do not drop ! Is it true?? And what do you think about the result?

My nipples are too low?

I understand your concern. It's important to understand that the implants will drop. Be patient and give yourself more time to heal. You will notice a drastic change in the next 3-4 months. Congratulations on your recent surgery.

Textured Implants

As I said in your last post, textured implants do drop, it just takes longer.  I am the leading user of textured and shaped implants in Los Angeles.  You can trust my information.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

​ Nipples too low after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and for attaching pictures. You are still in your recovery period. I suggest waiting 3-6 months before determining if anything needs to be done. Since you have shaped implants, they are textured, so they are not going to move significantly, but it is still too early to tell. I know being patient is difficult, but you should give everything time to heal and settle. Good luck.

One months and a week after breast augmentation is still early

It is still early in the postoperative period.  The shape of the breast and the surrounding tissue will change.  I would give it a few more months before determining the final results.

David S. Chang, MD

Nipples too low after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  After having breast augmentation it can take several weeks or months for the implants to settle into their pocket and at that time the nipples will come back to the correct position.  I would recommend allowing more time for the implants to settle.  Always best to keep follow up appointments with your surgeon and best to make them aware of your concerns.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Nipple low after BA

Thank you for your question.  Allow at least 3 months after surgery to pass before getting a better idea about your breast appearance.  Implants tend to settle down during this time.  Be sure to convey your concerns to your surgeon as well.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Need more time

Although teardrop implants do not drop like the round non-textured implants, the skin and muscle will stretch out more to accommodate the implant.  I would speak with your surgeon about massage techniques and give the post-operative course a full 3 months.  They should settle a bit more.  You may still require repositioning of the nipples or switching the implants to a subglandular position if the nipple position does not change.

Marisa Lawrence, MD