I'm one month post op. Will they drop or not? (Photo)

Hello! I'm one month and a week post operation and had placed anatomical implants 350 cc under muscle! Overall I'm satisfied with the result but my implants seem to be high! Will they drop or not? I have read that anatomical implants do not drop ! And what do you think about the result?

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets causing there to be more fullness at the bottom.  If the breasts are too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would continue to wear your surgical bra and perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Will my implants drop

Thanks for your question. My advice is to be patient, things can still change. You are right, anatomical implants are textured so they move less than smooth implants. If you are still concerned in a few months, voice your concerns with your surgeon. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Implant drop?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Even anatomical textured will drop a bit over time. "Dropping" is the effect of gravity on the implants combined with tissue stretch from the weight of the implants. Long term dropping is usually seen months after surgery.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Anatomical Implants

Any implant that has a texture outer shell will behave differently then smooth implants. However, they definitely do drop! It typically takes longer, and you should be patient for a full year.  Remember, no massage. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

I'm one month post op. Will they drop or not?

Congratulations on a very nice result. Your implants should settle over the next 2-5 months. Even in the next month you will notice a significant settling of the implants and improvement in the appearance of your breasts. Congratulations again on your recent surgery.

Breast Implants Settling

Thank you for your question and photos. You're implants will continue to settle with time over the next 3 to even 6 months. They appear to be well positioned and I am sure you will ultimately be very happy with your final results. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Will breast implants drop or not?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure; based on your photographs, I think that your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you and you have a very nice early outcome.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

In cases where significant breast asymmetry persists, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery. 

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.