Mommy makeover and BBL post and pre-op question. Any suggestions?
Doctor Answers 11
Duration of Stay if Traveling From Out of Town
It may best to ask your surgeon. But, plan to stay at least until your follow-up exam which is approximately a week or less after your surgery. Your board-certified plastic surgeon and staff will brief you on their suggestions for your recovery. If you have questions or specific concerns, it best to contact them to better plan your #recovery. Also, many plastic surgery practices have facilities for their #traveling clients, and if not, they can provide you information as to where you where can #heal comfortably. Additionally, #staying nearby until after your follow-up appointment may be beneficial if you have any complications or specific concerns soon after surgery.
Recovery After BBL and Mommy Makeover
Out Of Town Recovery For Makeover Surgeries
Recovery from multiple procedures depends on so many factors. For instance, how many areas of liposuction, which areas, what other surgeries are being combined? I would recommend that you speak with your plastic surgeon in detail about the surgical plans as well as the recovery and aftercare. You should also have a plan in place for long-term follow up care after you return home. Be prepared to re-visit your surgeon to ensure you are healing properly and that your recovery is on schedule. Complications can happen whether you are having surgery in-town or away. The key is not only to do everything possible to minimize them, but also to have preparations in place to take care of any complications that may arise.I wish you the best!
You might also like...
Stay in town after a mommy makeover
Extensive travel for plastic surgery is not advised #plasticsurgery
Travel and plastic surgery
Mommy make-over out of town - when to travel
- Usually you would not be fit for long-distance plane travel for 2 weeks because of the blood clot risk.
- That said, much depends on what surgery is done and your health.
- But I do question why when you are in California you are travelling so far for surgery.
- You have excellent plastic surgeons in California.
- Please before doing this, find a local plastic surgeon willing to treat you afterwards if needed -
- And expect to pay a fee for such care.
- Surgery recovery begins - it does not end - with the surgery.
- We have lots of postings on this site from women who have long-distance surgery and end up with a significant problem and no plastic surgeon willing to treat them - and reasonably so.