Mommy makeover and BBL post and pre-op question. Any suggestions?

Coming from CA to have procedures in Miami. What would be the recommend length of stay in Miami before and after surgery?

Duration of Stay if Traveling From Out of Town

It may best to ask your surgeon. But, plan to stay at least until your follow-up exam which is approximately a week or less after your surgery. Your board-certified plastic surgeon and staff will brief you on their suggestions for your recovery. If you have questions or specific concerns, it best to contact them to better plan your #recovery. Also, many plastic surgery practices have facilities for their #traveling clients, and if not, they can provide you information as to where you where can #heal comfortably. Additionally, #staying nearby until after your follow-up appointment may be beneficial if you have any complications or specific concerns soon after surgery. 

Recovery After BBL and Mommy Makeover

With this much surgery you should stay at least a week to get you through the immediate post op period and be sure you don't develop any problems at a week that would have to be taken care of later by another doctor in California. Most doctors who do tummy tucks use drains, and if you take the drains out too soon, you may develop a seroma that requires ongoing local attention. I use a drainless tummy tuck technique so my patients are pretty much over their tummy tuck and can travel between 8 and 14 days. 

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Out Of Town Recovery For Makeover Surgeries

Recovery from multiple procedures depends on so many factors. For instance, how many areas of liposuction, which areas, what other surgeries are being combined? I would recommend that you speak with your plastic surgeon in detail about the surgical plans as well as the recovery and aftercare. You should also have a plan in place for long-term follow up care after you return home. Be prepared to re-visit your surgeon to ensure you are healing properly and that your recovery is on schedule. Complications can happen whether you are having surgery in-town or away. The key is not only to do everything possible to minimize them, but also to have preparations in place to take care of any complications that may arise.I wish you the best!

Stay in town after a mommy makeover

When I have patients come from a long distance I like them to stay in town for approximately 5 days so that I can see them in follow up the next week.  It is important to check that all is well and that the result looks to be healing nicely.  Your doctor will also want to make sure that you are healthy and fit to travel.  Future follow up visits can be done in many months with intervening ones done over the phone or Skype.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Extensive travel for plastic surgery is not advised #plasticsurgery

We would advise a patient traveling from out of town and across the country to stay in the local area for a few weeks post op. Any complication that arises from these extensive cosmetic procedures can be dealt with by the surgeon that performed the procedure.

Travel and plastic surgery

You may want to stay local to your plastic surgery location for a few weeks to avoid blood clots (DVTs) associated with air travel. Ask you plastic surgeon for more specific details regarding your case.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy make-over out of town - when to travel

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Usually you would not be fit for long-distance plane travel for 2 weeks because of the blood clot risk.
  • That said, much depends on what surgery is done and your health.
  • But I do question why when you are in California you are travelling so far for surgery.
  • You have excellent plastic surgeons in California.
  • Please before doing this, find a local plastic surgeon willing to treat you afterwards if needed -
  • And expect to pay a fee for such care.
  • Surgery recovery begins - it does not end - with the surgery.
  • We have lots of postings on this site from women who have long-distance surgery and end up with a significant problem and no plastic surgeon willing to treat them - and reasonably so.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Dr derby

I would recommend you a minimum of 15-16 days post op, but this is something that you need to discuss with your surgeon. He/She will give you the recommended time frame. Best of luck   

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Pre-op instructions

I have attached a link to the pre-op instructions I give all my patients. Please ask your surgeon for his/her specific instructions as every surgeon has their own. 

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for their respective patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon