Which would you recommend; Mini or full Tummy Tuck? (photos)

I have a bit of lower tummy overhang from having 3 babies and am scared of the full tummy tuck. I don't care about the stretch marks or tiny sag on my belly button but I do care that I work my buns off to eat very clean and work out and that flap of skin on lower tummy is hiding any results. But I'm worried a mini wouldn't be enough. I have had one ps say mini and one say full

Mini vs full tummy tuck?

Hello, I think the best choice depends on a person's goals.  Normally if a person has loose skin on the upper and lower I suggest considering a full tummy tuck.  However, if they are mostly concerned about the lower tummy, a mini TT is an option.

Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Only an in-person exam can determine the best option for you however it does appear that you have enough excess skin to warrant a Full Tummy Tuck.

I recommend that you book a consultation with aboard certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.

All the best!

Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your questions. Based on the pictures it looks as if you would benefit from a full Tummy Tuck. I suggest seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for a consultation. Best of Luck.

Tummy tuck

For the absolute perfect result with a washboard abdomen I believe that a full tummy tuck is your only and best option.  I see excess skin and a diastasis that can only be repaired with a full tummy tuck.

Which would you recommend; Mini or full Tummy Tuck?

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... evaluating the laxity of skin and the stretch marks, a mini tummy tuck would not be enough, a suggest you a full tummy tuck to have better long lasting results, do not need to be scared.. search for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photos.  With the extent of sagging skin and stretch marks that you appear to have, it seems you would benefit most from a full tummy tuck which would make the entire abdomen tighter after removing excess skin and plicating the abdominal wall.  Please be sure that the surgeon you choose is board certified in plastic surgery and is an expert in the tummy tuck procedure.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

You are a candidate for full tummy tuck and that will give you best possible results. But since you say , you want to avoid it and you wont mind some compromises as long as there is reduction of fat and loose skin on lower abdomen, you can consider mini tummy tuck. Liposuction all over the abdomen, followed by mini tummy tuck will give you moderate results . The belly button may not be very aesthetic and stretch marks will be there. But it a board certified plastic surgeon has assessed you and explained to you what results you can expect , and he says mini tummy tuck is an option you can go ahead with mini tummy tuck .

Priti Shukla, Mch
India Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  Scheudle a consultation with a board certiifed plastic surgeon so you may discuss your goals and worlk together to create a surgical plan to help you achieve them.

Best regards,
Dr Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

Which would you recommend; Mini or full Tummy Tuck

I think you would have a better result with the full tummy tuck. I think the mini-tummy tuck would leave your abdomen looking off-balance and the improvement in the lower would be over-shadowed by the persistent skin of the upper abdomen.

Julio Garcia, MD

You do appear to have skin laxity above as well as below your belly button, and therefore the full tummy tuck would be needed for a good correction. If you are only concerned about tightening the skin of the lower tummy below the belly button where it is overhanging, then you could just have a mini (or lower) tummy tuck, but you will have no improvement or tightening above the belly button, and that includes the wrinkled skin that is hooding over the belly button, which would remain, so that is a real compromise.