Is IPL a good source for non acne rosasea?

IPL can be effective, lasers better for rosacea in general.

Rosacea is very complex and a tailored treatment program give the best results. This is because there are many types of rosacea (telengtctatic or capillaries, flushing and redness, acne like rosacea, ocular rosacea and even rhinophyma rosacea.) To add to the complexity, everyone has different flare factors- Sunlight, stress, foods, chemical irritants, creams, changes in temperature, alcohol. The list goes on.  A detailed history, together with a treatment tailored according to YOUR type of rosacea will give the best results. As a guide, I use a combination of - 1. Lasers ( to treat redness, broken capillaries, rhinophyma, flushing)- best laser is the V BEAM. IPL can be used, but usually not as effective 2. Creams - anti inflammatory 3. Tablets -anti - inflammatory and sometimes low dose Vitamin A.  4. For females- Mineral make up is recommend, over make up that contains parabens.  For the best results, consult a dermatologist for both medical and laser treatment options.  Kind regards. Dr Davin S. Lim. Laser Dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

IPL is a photofacial -- get Fraxel with Microneedling or combine with IPL and microneedling/PRP

IPL works well for redness, acne does fall under this category.  I like yellow laser for vessels and redness more than IPL.  Pulsed dye laser or V Beam is another option.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Rosacea

I would encourage you  to visit with your Dermatologist.  I love treating rosacea and there are multiple ways to treat rosacea.  I personally prefer PDL to IPL for the treatment of rosacea.  You may want to look at the National Rosacea Society website also.  Stay skintastic.  

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist

IPL for Rosacea

Hello, and thank you for your question! While a picture would be helpful I can give you some general guidelines. Rosacea creates three general kinds of redness - visible broken capillaries which appear as tiny red "squiggles" on the skin, diffuse redness which is a general red tone where individual capillaries can't be seen, and red bumps which look like acne. The best treatment depends on which kind(s) of redness you are experiencing.(1) Visible broken capillaries respond best to and IPL type laser(2) general diffuse redness responds best to a laser such as the Cutera Genesis(3) red acne-like bumps are best treated with topicals.If you have diffuse redness and visible capillaries both, you can do combined treatments with IPL and Genesis (which can be done in one sitting), or treatments with the Cutera Excel V which is basically a combination of these two lasers. I hope this helps and good luck!

Rosacea device treatment...

Thank you from your question.  IPL is a reasonable choice for Rosacea, however there are better options.  The 2 gold standard lasers for Rosacea are the Cutera Excel V and the Candela V-Beam.  Both will yield far superior results to IPL.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon