Is it possible to improve the appearance of my nose even though I have thick skin and have had two rhinoplasties? (Photo)

My first surgery went well, I just wanted it slightly smaller looking. Instead it appears swollen even though my revision was 17 years ago. The overall appearance of my nose now seems larger than before my revision, and my nose has thick skin.

Tertiary Rhinoplasty

Dear Blondie246, The photograph above is blurred and it is not possible to provide you with any expert opinion based on it. With that said, a consultation would be needed to determine what your goals of a revision rhinoplasty are and whether these can be achieved taking into consideration your skin thickness. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

is it possible to improve the appearance of my nose even though I have thick skin and have had two rhinoplasties?

For a tertiary rhinoplasty, a thorough examination of the nose is required to make a determination about what can be accomplished with thick skin present. Also depends on how thick the skin is, and what the cartilaginous structure is underneath that area of the nose.