Did my implants ever drop properly? (photo)

One iway too high, I hate them. They dont hang or sag at all. I try on bras and even on the loosest setting my breast set above the bra line, meaning my breast don't rest in bra cup but instead up higherI want a natural look I was awake, in pain, my implant leaked etc wish someone would have explained different options etc not just told me this is the ones everyone uses... Almy nipples point to the left and to the right. who in my area can I see that actually knows how to help me?

Your implants have settled

and you have decent results... not perfect.  One breast is slightly lower and more 'natural' in appearance and if that side is good for you, then you can consider a revision to lower your other side at the risk of it becoming lower than the good side.  Nipple position is what you were born with and implants will not change that unless the implant is positioned extremely to the middle or outside, and yours are not.  If you implants have good mobility (if smooth round), your only option in my opinion is to lower your high side... but at risks and costs you have to accept.  At a glance, they really do look good.

Breast Augmentation Dissatisfaction

Other than the implant position asymmetry, you appear to be in good shape. You should visit ONLY ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision surgery. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

I can see you are not satisfied with your final results.

Many women experience breast asymmetry after surgery and become dissatisfied, so you are not alone in feeling this way.

Please note that it is not uncommon for breasts to heal and adapt to implants at different rates.

It would help to know the date of your surgery. If the surgery was within 6 months, waiting a bit longer may help. Many patients experience delayed ‘drop and fluff’ with persistent inward and downward breast massaging and with the use of pole wraps.

Patience is key!

For some patients, implants may not settle until 5-12 months.

If you are well over the 6 month postoperative period, then a revision surgery can definitely help. If any implant does not drop with time, then it may be the case that the muscle attachments or the inframammary fold attachments are really strong and they may be preventing the implant from dropping completely. You may require a pectoral muscle release.

Please continue to have regular follow-ups with your surgeon. Their instructions should take precedence over all else you read here as they are better informed about your medical and surgical history.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast asymmetry

It is a bit hard to know what can and can't be done to improve your results without knowing your pre-surgical anatomy and having a current physical exam. You have some asymmetry for sure now, but you may have had asymmetry before surgery. It would also be nice to know how long ago your surgery was performed. You might end up settling a bit more with just time.

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Did my implants ever drop properly?

Your right breast is obviously higher than the left. The good news is that even if this is due to naturally occurring asymmetry, a revisional procedure should be able to help. The right sided implant pocket can be adjusted (lowered) or a smaller implant can be placed to improve symmetry. An in person exam will be needed to develop a plan. Good luck!