Can I just have impants and achieve my goal photos? Or is right mastopexy needed? (Photo)

A couple weeks ago I had my first and only consultation. I was advised that I would need a mammoplasty augmentation with concentric mastopexy on the right with right mini benelli Although I'm scared of having worse results of symmetry by trying to alternate too much. I'm wondering can I achieve my goal photos with just implants or not? First photo is me, second photo is me at DDD Breast feeding and the following is goal photos of other women. Btw I like my breast milk filled size.

Breast augmentation or breast lift

If your goal is to achieve the appearance you've posted when in a bra, then augmentation alone should accomplish this. Often in cases like your own it is reasonable to start with the breast augmentation  and confirm your level of satisfaction. If you decide you would like the lift it can always be done as a secondary procedure. Good luck on your journey and I hope you enjoy your new breasts. 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and if your goal is a larger version of your present breast anatomy that can be accomplished with implants alone.  If you want lifted "perkier" breasts that will require a lollipop lift to both breasts.Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Can I just have impants and achieve my goal photos? Or is right mastopexy needed

the desired look you posted is difficult to advise you on since there desired look has  a woman in a bra and you without. I think an implant alone with a bra would get you close to the desired photo, but out of a bra, without something done to relocate the nipple/ areola complex, the nipples would not be as centrally located as desired and your breast would not be positioned as high as the woman who has a bra on

Julio Garcia, MD

Can I just have impants and achieve my goal photos? Or is right mastopexy needed?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. This lift vs no lift is a question that many people struggle with when making decisions. My answer is that it all depends on your goals. If your goal is only to replace lost volume and increase the size of your breasts, then you might be able to only have implants. If your goal is to have a perfectly shaped breast with exact nipple position when you are not clothed, then you will likely need a lift to achieve that goal. In addition, it is always an option to have the implants placed and then if you are not happy with the overall results, go back and do the lift later, or vice versa. You should have a conversation with your plastic surgeon about your goals and he or she can advise you on how best to proceed to achieve those goals. Best of luck!

Breast ptosis

I see many patient  that look like you.  Breast feeding is great to do for your baby but unfortunately can leave you with droopy breasts.    You have significant asymmetry.  Personally, because you want to be very large from the pics that I see....I would consider staging the procedure.  I would do the breast augmentation FIRST, and get your implants symmetric and then as a second stage I would consider the lift. This will give you a much better result with the scarring.  Best to stage it in my opinion. Go to a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

You can get by without an lift

but if you're expecting perfectly perky breasts with nipple as close to level as possible, then its certainly likely a lift is needed.  BUT if you're accepting of just larger and fuller and having full upper poles without concern about the nipple position, you can just have an augmentation alone.  You can always decide later if you really want a lift or not so in my practice, you would be offered just the augmentation alone first if you were accepting of the outcomes.

Curtis Wong, MD

Can I just have implants and achieve my goal photos? Or is right mastopexy needed?

Thank you for your question.Careful measurements and examination are used to decide which type of lift is best for each patient. However, from your photographs, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift.  I'm not sure that a concentric mastopexy, or a Benelli lift, are a good choices for you. They may not provide you with the lift that your breasts require. A Bennelli lift is typically used when only 2-3cm of lifting is required. The lifts tend to flatten the breast also. I would have at least 1-2 more consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. You need to hear more opinions on how to obtain your goals.

Can I just have impants and achieve my goal photos?

You could have your goal look in a bra with implants alone, but the look out of a bra would be very bad. You really will need a lift of both breasts to get an acceptable look.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD