I have one eyebrow that is quite a bit higher than the other. Can Botox fix this asymmetry? (Photo)

What seems to be the cause of the asymmetry? What are possible treatments for correction?

Botox can improve eyebrow asymetry.

Botox can possibly bring down the higher eyebrow to more closely match the lower one. It doesn't always work but helps.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial harmony

The question you ask is a very good and common one.  Your asymmetry is directly related to the amount of asymmetric muscle facial tone that you have. A neuromodulator (Botox, Xeomin, Dysport) can improve facial symmetry through the chemical reduction of facial tone/muscle activity. I hope this information helps you as you make the right decision for you.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Eyebrow Asymmetry

Botox (Dysport, Xeomin) help reduce eyebrow asymmetry. This is one of the best benefits of this treatment. It may not be fixed 100%, especially if it is more than a mild asymmetry. I see that with follow up after the initial treatment to make sure no adjustments are needed and with regular maintenance treatment, the brows continue to improve and lift. 

Anita Saluja, MD
Melbourne Dermatologist

Botox and asymmetry

That is a good question that many people ask; Yes, Botox can be used to improve an asymmetry of the facial muscles. There are muscles that elevate the face and there are muscles that depress the face. Having knowledge of the action of these muscles is crucial to your success. Be sure to find an experienced injector who has treated previous patients with facial asymmetries. Good luck. 

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Botox injected carefully by a qualified injector is a wonderful option for the correction of eye brow asymmetry.  Best to consult with an experienced, certified injector.  Best of luck.

Botox and Facial Asymmetry

Botox can definitely help adjust this type of facial asymmetry. This is an advanced Botox technique. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in Botox injections. Best, Dr. Green

Botox for asymmetry

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I do think a small amount of carefully placed Botox could be used to improve your subtle eyebrow asymmetry. I always remind me patients that everyone's face is asymmetric, and in chasing "perfect" symmetry one runs the risk of using more product than is really needed. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Botox fix this asymmetric brows?

None of us are perfectly symmetrical. Botox has a good chance of producing at least some improvement. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Asymmetry - Improving with Botox?

You have really lovely eyebrows - a great arch and definition to work with, but you're entirely right - one is higher. That's the case in the majority of patients.Although some doctors will 'drop' the high side to increase symmetry, as a general rule, I always think it is aesthetically better to lift something than drop something else and in this case would try to lift the lower. I'd also want to hear from you which your favorite eye is in pictures and use that as the one we match as much as possible.That being said, even the best botox can make a modest improvement in height of the eyebrows, but you have a fairly significant difference. If Botox didn't take you to your goal, there are other treatment options that could be used to supplement or replace Botox for a more lasting solution - it might be worth it for you to research a thread brow lift which could be performed just on the one side.

Rebecca Gelber, MD
Incline Village Physician

Botox For Eyebrow Asymmetry

Most people have noticeable asymmetry and the eyebrows are one of the most common areas that we see this. So, it's not unusual that one of your eyebrows sits higher than the other. By giving a small amount of Botox above the higher brow we can drop it to be closer to the other one. Remember that achieving perfect symmetry is virtually impossible. The effects of Botox can last 3-4 months. Please find an experienced injector. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon