How hard is it to lower a bridge?

I had a revision rhino three months ago, however the bridge is still very high. I know there is still swelling to resolve, but I don't think that the bridge will be much lower after swelling is gone. How hard is it to have a bridge lowered in height? Could I do it under local?

Lower a nasal bridge

The nasal bridge can be lowered in height, but a proper evaluation is necessary to determine if lowering the bridge alone will still maintain a harmonious nasal appearance.  While it is possible to do this under local anesthesia, most patients prefer to have this done under anesthesia for improved comfort.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Revision rhinoplasty again at one year

Since this will be your third rhinoplasty procedure, it is important to wait a full year before embarking on a surgical procedure. When the dorsal hump is shaved down, osteotomies are placed in the nasal bones. This procedure must be performed under general anesthesia for patient safety and comfort. You will not be able to tolerate cartilage and bone work in the nose under local anesthesia.