6 months post Rhinoplasty, nose looks worse, do I need a revision? (photos)

Had rhinoplasty done 6 months ago my nose looks worse . Septoplasty ,tubinectomy done. Doctor said come back, for in office adjustment rasp the bone under eye and fracture nose then tape ?do I need revision?

Asymmetry after Rhinoplasty

It appears that you have nasal asymmetry and may require a revision.  Many times revision rhinoplasty will require the additional support of alternative sources of cartilage, such as the ear or rib.  This helps to insure that the structural integrity of the nose will remain despite overwhelming forces of scar tissue.  I recommend returning to your original surgeon, or if you don't feel comfortable, consulting with a revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Asymmetry after Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Revision Rhinoplasty

Dear sus6815, If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose which it seems that you are then you would be a candidate for revision surgery. Most surgeons like to wait till the patient is one year post surgery for revision to make sure all of the swelling has dissipated and a full evaluation of the results can be addressed. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

Michael Elam, MD

So difficult to say with these limited photos

Six months after a rhinoplasty, it certainly would be our expectation that the swelling should be pretty well down and that patient pleased with the results!    You are obviously not, but I really cannot tell from these photos if revisional surgery would be recommended.    I can tell you one thing, I would not let anyone touch my nose, rasping bone, fracturing bones, etc in an office!    Go to a good, qualified rhinoplasty surgeon, first for a full evaluation, and if surgery is necessary, have it done in a certified center where your airway can be protected by an anesthesiologist, the surgeon has adequate light, proper tools, and so forth.