Can I have fat transfer on the same day of my implant removal to replace the implant for a contoured look?

I had my implant putt in 12 years ago but it doesn't feel natural. I don't have much fat or muscle tissue on my buttocks. I want to remove my implants and replace it with my own fat. But I don't want to have more than 1 separate surgical procedures. Would it be a good idea to have the implants removed and transfer fat on the same procedure day?

Implant exchange for fat transfer

It's possible to do this as a single or two separate procedures. There are advantages and disadvantage for each. For breast implants I removed him and you fat grafting it's the same procedure quite frequently. What you are requesting does not present itself as frequently. My suggestion would be to put in as much fat as is possible during the removal of the implants. Many patients do better with the second touch up session if needed. This way the procedure is attempted to be done with one surgery with the understanding that the best results may come from having to do two separate procedures. I suggest finding the right plastic surgeon and have him or her come up with a treatment plan for you. What may work for one patient may not work for someone else. They're too many factors to take into consideration to give a blanket yes or no answer for this question. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Implant Removal & BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. Could you? Yes.  Should you?  I would vote no on this.  Why?  Because I think we need 3 things to happen for you to have a great looking butt:  1) Remove the old implant 2) Let your skin tighten up and the old implant space to close 3) Inject fat for contour and volume.  So Why can't this be done at one?  It can, but placing the fat in a good location at the time of surgery may not be a good location in 6 weeks to 3 months after.  That is why I think it is best to do it in 2 separate surgeries
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  I would recommend that you stage the procedures for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Removal of buttock implants

Unfortunately you will most likely require two procedures to 1-remove your buttock implants and 2- liposuction and fat transfer to fill in the space left by your implant. If you don't have enough body fat, you may also need to gain weight. Consult with a few board certified plastic surgeons for an exam and review of your specific case.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD