How is fat harvested if you get Smartlipo done for a Brazilian butt lift?

Since your melting the fat how do you get good fat for it to take?

When fat is harvested for BBL, the SmartLipo laser is used after the harvesting

The purpose of the laser in any laser lipo procedure is to help the skin shrink down by passing the laser through the superficial fat near the skin. If fat is being harvested for fat transfer, the superficial fat is lasered after the harvested fat has been removed. Common sense.

SmartLipo Results -- Get VASER Hi Def for Buttock Augmentation / Brazilian Butt Lift

You cannot inject smartlipo fat, it will not survive. I suggest consulting with a VASER hi definition specialist for fat reduction, contouring and grafting to the buttocks.  Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Smart LIpo for Brazillian Butt Lift?

Please tell me that your surgeon is not seriously planning to use Smart Lipo to harvest fat for your Brazilian Butt Lift. Smart Lipo, or laser liposuction, works by destroying your fat cells. In order for a Brazillian Butt Lift to be successful one has to transfer living fat cells into your butt. If a laser is used to harvest fat for your Butt Lift then you will not get any living fat cells transferred and the procedure will fail. 
Is the surgeon you are seeing certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? I think you need be looking for another surgeon. 

Smartlipo and Fat Transfer

We obviously do not want to melt or kill fat cells that we are planning to use for a fat transfer.  On my fat transfer cases, I inform the patient that I will not use the laser to melt the fat prior to suctioning.  However, after the fat is harvested, I do use the Smartlipo laser on the treated areas for the skin tightening benefits.
~John Bergeron MD

Smartlipo BBL

you cannot inject smartlipo fat as it destroys viable fat cells for transfer. Smartlipo can be done after the cells are harvested however.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Fat transfer with smart lipo

Smart  lipo  is an excellent tool for doing  liposuction   It melts the fat  and causes increased skin shrinkage compared to other forms of fat treatment  however when you use it it does he eat the fat so much that it damages it . This damaged fat is not suitable for transfer in a BBL  Sometimes the smart Lipo can be used after the fat is harvested . However most of the time this is not possible because all of the fat that is removed is necessary for the transfer . Doing the laser lipo  after removal of all the fat and fluid risks damage to the skin . Therefore in most cases smart lipo is not used and is actually contra indicated for a BBL 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Keeping the fat healthy for transfer

If laser is used during the sculpting that will eventually lead to fat transfer, then the laser is commonly used after the fat removal. In this setting, the purpose of the laser is to provide stimulus for skin tightening not to melt the fat. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Fat harvesting

A special technique of liposuction is performed to harvest fat. Once harvested, the fat is reinjected into the buttock for the BBL. See the link below for more information.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN