Can exercising cause complications years after breast augmentation surgery?

I got my breast augmentation surgery about 5 years ago. A few days ago I was exercising and following day I was experiencing soreness on my right implant. Now a lump has formed on the nipple area where the incision was originally made. What can it be?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. While it would be odd for something 5 years later to cause a problem with the implant, if there are any changes to the breast such as new discomfort or lumps, this needs to be evaluated ASAP. This could be a separate problem having nothing to do with the implants. I would suggest talking with your regular doctor to start the workup. First you need to rule out anything bad, then worry about the implants. 

Hope this helps!