What is the effect of an extra long session of CoolSculpting on one area of the leg?

Approximately one hour into the procedure on my outer thigh, the machine stopped. Having not seen this error code before, the technician contacted the manufacturer, who told her to restart the entire process on the area. I ended up having 2.5 hours of treatment on my outer thigh. Two weeks later, I still have an outline of the cooling plate on my leg, pain to the touch, and shooting pains through the area. Is this permanent? Do I need to worry about long term damage?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend visiting your treating physician for an in-person assessment. Regards, 

Coolsculpting on the leg NYC

Generally speaking if you had an hour on the other thigh then the session would have been considered complete. I am not sure why they repeated the procedure again.  I would return to your treating physician for examination and feel free to re-post photos of the area.  Please keep us posted Best, Dr. Green