I am going to have a Facelift, and I am wondering what else I could benefit from (photo)

Planning on a face lift 5/28, would like expert advice, on suggestions, what else along with a face lift, will give me optimal results, in turning back the hands of time... appreciate, feedback from you experts.... Thank You in advance...

Facelift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for sharing your photos.

It is difficult to assess your upper eyelids and brow as you are looking up.
So I won't comment on that area.

The lower eyelid could benefit from a lower blepharoplasty and the facelift as you have mentioned.
Hard to asses your neck and the platsymal bands from this image.

Facial rejuvenation involves surgical and non-surgical techniques. The surgical we have discussed, I would also get a formal skin assessment so that you can optimise your skin canvas.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Good luck with your surgical procedures.

Thank-you for your interest in improving your facial appearance and surgical outcome.

From the photos submitted it is a little difficult to access your profile but a Malar Fat pad restoration along with a submentoplasty to restore a youthful neck could be helpful.

If the forehead lines are a concern to you then a Endoscopic Brow lift to reduce the vertical and horizontal lines would be recommended so as not to produce a  larger forehead show. The upper and Lower Blepharoplasty  would also remove the excess fat in the lower and upper eyelids and tighten the skin to improve the contour of the eye and restore a more youthful appearance.

James A. Lehman, MD (retired)
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Facelift, what else?

Facial rejuvenation can include anything from the neck, the lower face, midface, eyes, and forehead. I often include some fat grafting as part of a facelift. In addition to the consultation with your plastic surgeon, I encourage you to look at many before and after photos. Instead of looking only at "afters" that are pleasing to you, look for results that you like of people who have a starting point similar to yours. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Additional procedures plus a facelift

It is difficult to tell from the photograph presented, however your upper and lower eyelids appear to be showing signs of aging as well. Upper and lower blepharoplasty and facelift combination is very common in our practice and would give a nice comprehensive facial rejuvenation when done together. 
For many examples, please see the link below to our facelift/eyelid surgery photo  Gallery

Besides a facelift, what else would be helpful?

The picture that you provided indicates that you would benefit from volume restoration in the cheeks using fat as well as a lower and upper eyelid blepharoplasty. Botox in the forehead would soften the dynamic  wrinkle lines as well. Good luck with your procedure!

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

What other procedures could I use other than a facelift?

Based on your photograph it is difficult to make a definite recommendation. However I see evidence that you could benefit by a upper and lower blepharoplasty as well as a brow lift. Depending on your brow position at rest you could benefit by a lateral brow lift or a coronal brow lift with the incision placed along the hairline to reduce your four head show. You should discuss all these options with your board certified plastic surgeon before going ahead with your facelift procedure.

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Face lift, facial rejuvenation

The photo you provided is not a good one. You are looking up.
But based on the photos, you may benefit from an upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty (soften the bags and remove excess skin).  You may also benefit from full face resurfacing with a laser.  
Your forehead is very long compared to the rest of your face, so a hairline forehead life/browlift surgery may help, but this is something you can consider at a later time as well.
My general belief is also that doing some facial fillers at the same time as surgery can improve the overall outcome.
We generally discuss a comprehensive facial rejuvenation approach that address the volume, the skin quality, and also the skin laxity.

Best procedures to do with face lift

Judging from the photos, other things to consider are:
  • skin care to reverse sun damage,
  • either a low lid blepharoplasty alone or with a mid-face lift,
  • Botox to the brow or advancement brow lift
  • Upper lid lift.
  • Best wishes.

For a holistic facial rejuvenation approach, procedures for your eye area will compliment your facelift nicely

As a cosmetic oculofacial plastic surgeon practicing for 20 years specializing in eyelid surgery and face lifting surgery, I deal with these types of situations every day in my practice. In facial rejuvenation in particular, people are bothered by the loss of jawline definition, the sagging of the skin and neck. Most individuals look at a particular area in their face that they don’t like and magnify those areas. However, others people look at your face as a whole.

After assessing the photos you submitted, there is a great opportunity to harmonize your full face by doing something to address the hooding over the eyes. We can also address any puffiness, fine lines and wrinkles under the eyes. Those procedures would fall into the category of upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty and non-surgical facial rejuvenation.

In our practice, we routinely combine eyelid surgery with face lifting surgery. In addition, we also do fraction CO2 laser. CO2 laser helps to address the lines and wrinkles in the skin that have an impact on skin quality. There’s a distinction between skin quantity and skin quality in face lifting surgery. The surgeon can’t pull all the wrinkles flat because a lot of those wrinkles are static wrinkles or static lines that are in the skin. These types of wrinkles will benefit from a procedure such as laser resurfacing or fractional CO2 laser. We would also routinely employ platelet-rich plasma which helps in a regenerative way to improve the quality of the skin by increasing blood supply, collagen and other factors that make the skin healthier.

These procedures can be done later after a facelift. In our practice, a lot of our patients want to take small steps and so they recognize that they want to have their upper and lower eyelid surgery done but they’d rather get the facelift done first. We don’t have any issue with that because we don’t do general anesthesia. Routinely, we do everything under local anesthesia with sedation which results in a quicker recovery, so we are actually very comfortable with people dividing their procedures.

This is a discussion to have with your surgeon before you move forward with the final surgical date or at least have a game plan before your final surgery. Understand the additional time required and the recovery involved and hopefully you will come to a conclusion that will work for you. In my experience with doing the eyelid surgery with the facelift, the recovery time is really not increased. Basically, they overlap in terms of the recovery time so our patients typically look pretty good in a week and look really good in two weeks. I hope that was helpful, I wish you the best of luck, and thank you for question.

This personalized video answer to your question is posted on RealSelf and on YouTube. To provide you with a personal and expert response, we use the image(s) you submitted on RealSelf in the video, but with respect to your privacy, we only show the body feature in question so you are not personally identifiable. If you prefer not to have your video question visible on YouTube, please contact us.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facelift Plus?

From your photos  you could consider discussing with your board certified plastic surgeon the possibility of CONSERVATIVE upper and lower eyelid surgery.  I cannot make any other judgement from your photos.

John M. Griffin, MD (retired)