Curious if these are a good fit for my body type? (photos)

Looking for upper fullness but don't want to be stripper porn star huge. I'm a 28 year old mother of two, 5'6",135 pounds, 34 C cup. lift and breast aug scheduled for 8/11. As of now, we're going with 495 cc HP sientra silicone submuscular implants. When I was 19, I had a reduction because I was 110 pounds with a 34 DD breast, was in sports, and very very modest.This worried the doctor that I got a reduction and now want implants. I feel as though I'm a completely different person now than I was and am embracing femininity. I just want to know other opinions.

Breast Implants after Breast Reduction.....

Hi HaiHai,Thanks for your question and photos. I think you would be a great candidate for the implant size you have decided on. I am not sure about Sientra as they have had some issues with the FDA as of late. I know few surgeons are using them. Just an FYI. Based on your photos, you may not need a lift or if you do, then it may just around the nipple or periareolar lift. Your wish list photo is a realistic possibility but it would depend on the you acutal anatomy and measurements and final implant size selected. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#breastlift #breastaugmentation

Implant Choice

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You look like a great candidate for breast augmentation with lift procedure. The implant size you have chosen while on the slightly large size will give you a nice projection similar to the picture that you have shown. If possible, see if your surgeon has either 3D imaging or sizers you can try on with bra and t-shirt.  This will help to show better your post-operative look. Wishing you all the best,Steven Camp MD#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Curious if these are a good fit for my body type?

Although it is difficult to say, by photos alone, what size implant may best sever one's needs and desires; I believe the implant your are considering (495 cc HP Sientra) should give you a result close to your "wish" photo.  That said, ask your surgeon if you can try the implants on in a bra.  This will help you determine how heavy they will feel.  Keep in mind the reasons you had for having your breast reduction when you were 19, when making your final decision. Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Maybe use a smaller implant . .

I think you were on track and hopefully got a great result.  That volume seems a bit much for your size and amount of breast tissue but it's difficult to tell without being able to examine you.  Please post some follow up if you can.  

What size of implants?

I think one of the best way of choosing sizes is using sizers within a bra. This lets you stand in front of the mirror and get a very close idea of what you will look like. In the end, it will mostly be you, the patient, who decides what size gives them the appearance they are seeking.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. You appear to be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery with a lift.  "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Choosing the right size implant

Identical implants can look very different in different patients. Numbers alone are inadequate to judge anticipated results. Surgeons all have their favorite techniques to select the right implant for an individual patient. If you require further assurance as to your appearance with this particular implant, you should discuss this with your surgeon. 

Wayne I. Yamahata, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. 
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.   Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "C or D cup" or "porn star huge" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.  I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

To achieve your goals

you will need implants.  And what you show does border on a 'stripper' look but you've had your kids and you experienced what larger breasts were like so you should have a good idea of what is just right for you.  If you jsut wanted a modest increase in fullness,  would consider fat grafting if you had adequate stores of fat to harvest.

Curtis Wong, MD

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you appear to have a nice starting place and should have a nice result with breast augmentation and lifting surgery.The most important factor when sizing implants, is working closely with your surgeon in person to find the implant size that gives you the look that you desire. Careful measurements of your breast and chest wall will help determine which size implants will fit within your natural breast footprint. Taking into account your desired look, and your measurements, an implant is chosen that specifically fits your body. Unfortunately, online recommendations are not that helpful. Make sure that you have a good relationship with your plastic surgeon, so that you two can work together to find the right size. In my office, patients try on implants in a bra and clothing. There able to see how they look in the mirror, and in photographs. Women are also encouraged to bring in wish pictures, so that I can get a sense of the look that they would like to achieve. Good luck with the process!