What is the criteria for lipo of the arms? (Photo)

My surgeon told me (based on photos only) that he cannot perform lipo on my arms. What is the criteria for arm lipo?

Arm liposuction

I have been surprised in the upper arm by the skin contraction which often occurs, even when the quality of the skin elasticity is less than ideal.  Having an ABPS Board certified  plastic surgeon with experience feel the quality of the skin is the best way to assess whether you are a good candidate for liposuction alone, or whether skin reduction (brachioplasty) may be needed.  Often, however, even when skin elasticity is not optimal, liposuction is the best first step, since the skin contraction may be better than expected, and if brachioplasty is needed, the surgery is easier and more effective if liposuction has been done first.

Arm Liposuction

Each surgeon has his own criteria based on his experience. You look like you might benefit from liposuction of the arms. Go visit a few more ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Liposculpture of arms

best treatment on you would be liposculpture of arms with rather specialized and small cannulas with tumescent technique.   The cost is $2500

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Tumescent Liposuction for the Arms

Hi Bootywantedhere,
Thank you for your photo and question.

I tell my patients you are a good candidate for tumescent liposuction if you are in good health, have realistic expectations, and are going to be happy with the results. The area is to have "pinchable fat" and good skin elasticity. Good skin elasticity is important to prevent loose, wrinkled skin when the fat is removed.

I recommend seeing an experienced liposuction surgeon to do an in person assessment. Good luck with your procedure!

Jeffrey A. Klein, MD
San Juan Capistrano Dermatologic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring - HI DEF ARM CONTOURING

A VASER hi definition procedure gives you the chance of a more contoured result with skin tightening. I suggest consulting with a body contouring expert for a second opinion and further evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction of the arms #plasticsurgery

Tumescent liposuction of the arms is safe and reasonable for most patients. Surgical results are dependent on surgeon experience, technique and a patient's arm skin quality. 

Arm Liposuction

It's hard to see with those photos, but usually a patient with good skin quality is an ideal candidate so they are not left with any excess skin. Maybe try another consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon and see what they say, you don't want to do it if you won't get the result you want.

Liposuction Candidates

It’s difficult to decipher whether you would be a good candidate for liposuction through pictures only. The best way to see whether a surgeon can perform liposuction on your arms would be through an in-person consultation.

Generally, the best liposuction candidates are normal-weight people with firm, elastic skin who have pockets of excess fat in certain areas. You should be physically healthy, psychologically stable and realistic in your expectations about what the procedure can do for you. However, before you decide to have surgery, think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with your surgeon.

Needs an exam

An exam will  help.
Lipo needs fat to be removed and generally it is a bulge that would be taken down.
Smartlipo can help with skin tightening.
It seems in your case microcannula lipo could reduce some volume.
An inperson exam will help more.
Dr. Denkler

What is the criteria for lipo of the arms?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD