If I had a C-section in May, is it safe to get a BBL in August?

I am very healthy and active with no health problems just wondering if it's safe to get another major surgery in such short period of time. I'm also breastfeeding and at my consult they said I would be able to continue breastfeeding one week post op. I'm just wondering if this is all safe?

C-Section & BBL

Hi and great question. I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.

I like to wait a minimum of 3 months; however, I would prefer at least 6 months from C-Section to Surgery.
Especially since you would like to further breast feed.  A BBL is a significant surgery and will place "stress" on your body and that will affect your milk production and availability.  

I hope that helps. Let me know if you further questions. Best of Luck!

Sincerely,
Matthew J Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist
Cosmetic Surgeon
Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
#RealSelfCoreDoctor
#RealSelfTopDoctor

Thank you for your question. With issues surrounding cosmetic surgery, I say it is always better to be safe than sorry and I would advise you to wait at least 6 months, if not a year, before considering another large surgical procedure. In addition, with the breastfeeding issue, it would depend on what medications you are given for anesthesia and surgery and with some of those medications, they are "presumed" to be safe for breastfeeding without really knowing for sure. In the interest of safety, I would advise you to wait until you are done with that to consider surgery.

Safe surgery

Answers for your questions will vary but in most of cases it is better to wait 6 month after your delivery to get a plastic surgery because your horones are not normal yet, you are still recovering and probably your body and weight are not the ones you had before. you can double check with your surgeon if this is the right moment or you need to wait a little more. Good Luck!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD