Bottomed out? How can I fix it? (Photo)

275cc high profile, textured, under muscle, 2 months post op I had this deformity since the first week, but of course we were waiting for things to improve. My doctor gave me an antinflanmatory shot saying it is a seroma. But I think I bottomed out. My left breast is heavy and feels unattached. Why did it happen? Did I go too big? Will it keep dropping?

Bottomed out? How can I fix it?

I do not see bottoming out. There is constriction of the bottom of the left breast. Wait until 6 months to evaluate it may round out with time-if not a release can be done.

When unhappy with augmentation results

you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon as he/she knows where you started with and what, if any problems, are developing.  You do have an irregular border and this can improve with time.  But bottom line, talk to your surgeon and find out what revision policy would apply to you.  Do allow yourself to completely heal before jumping back in to the OR.

Curtis Wong, MD

Bottomed out?

Based on your photos, it does not look like the implants have bottomed out.  The left breast looks very similar in position to the right breast, and the implant is positioned above the incision.  This suggests that the implant has not descended past the inframammary fold.  Your plastic surgeon would be the best person to speak with about this.

David S. Chang, MD