Am I going bald? (photos)

Men on both sides of the family have this hairline since birth but both grandfathers have full heads of hair and so does my father

This is a receding hairline that is clearly genetic. It is best treated with hair transplants as shown in the video below

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

​Photos cannot diagnosis your hair loss for certain. In general male pattern hair ​loss happens in a PATTERN. This may be a re

Photos cannot diagnosis your hair loss for certain.  In general male pattern hair loss happens in a PATTERN.  This may be a receding hair line. The old fashion way of seeing a doctor in person for an examination is still the preferred method.  In general male pattern hair 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss Treatments and Preventatives

Depending upon candidacy there are several efficacious hair loss treatments and preventative methods available. We offer non surgical PRP, or platelet rich plasma injections which have the potential  to increase hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles in both male and females, Capillus laser therapy which can increase hair volume by up to 20%  while preventing  future hair loss, as well as surgical methods like follicular unit transplant and follicular unit extraction when needed. My goal as a hair restoration surgeon is to work closely with my patients to determine what is causing their hair loss and what is best treatment option for their individual need and long term goals. I would recommend an in person exam to determine candidacy.Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Hair loss

From the photos, it does appear you have some hair loss. I recommend visiting with an expert to view your options, as not all medical therapy is successful in the hair line. I encourage you to talk to someone sooner, as the hairline is the single most impactful feature in ones appearance.

Craig Barbieri, MD
Overland Park Phlebologist

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate your hair loss and consider the best treatment options. Non invasive options include PRP/progesterone or transplantation for improvement. Best, Dr. Emer

Norwood Class 2-3 Male Pattern Balding

Your photographs suggest male pattern balding. Medical therapy does not help the hairline. It amenable to hair restoration. Please review the link below on how to research for a well qualified hair restoration surgeon.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Stop the hair loss

Hello. For what I see I will recommend that you consider a treatment to reduce the speed/stop your hairline from going further back. Treatments such as Propecia/Rogaine or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) are proven to be very effective. The use of non surgical treatments is to be continued for life and will not restore your previous hair line. To restore the hairline you could consider a Hair Transplant.A consultation with a hair specialist will be ideal to detect the exact problem and look for the best possible solution.Best of Lucks

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

What is causing Frontal hair line to be receding

the moat common cause of hair loss is genetic male pattern hair loss. Although your immediate family may have full head of hair, you need to go back seven generations to be sure. To find out if you have genetic male pattern hair loss, you need to be seen by a hair loss specialist and be examined up close. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon