Can back dimple surgery be done at the same time as a breast augmentation?

If I got a fat transfer to breast surgery done is it possible to also have a pair of back dimple surgery at the same time? Would the fat need to come from the abdomen to make the dimple surgery easier? Any additional information would be appreciated :)

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

The two surgeries can certainly be performed at the same time.  Please make certain that the plastic surgeon is an expert at all of these procedures.

Back dimple surgery...

are you wanting a more defined dimple?  Or just more removal of excess fat over your sacrum? The cute dimples above the buttock are are created from attachments of the skin to the underlying bone.  If yours is poorly defined, adding fat would make it stand out more but adding fat is against what most people want.  Aggressive liposuction will help thin the area but is not anticipated to make the dimple more prominent.  You should clarify exactly what your surgeon has planned and know what the chances for success are.

Curtis Wong, MD