I'm assuming they will round out after the recovery time correct? (photo)

I'm very early in my post op stage (day 4) with 495 HP silicone under the muscle. I know many changes will happen as far as shape. Is it normal for them to round out after the recovery? I just would like some reassurance they won't be coney. He did a small lift on me as well.

Four days postop breast augmentation breast appearance?

It is way too early to judge your breasts however when you next see your doctor you might ask him about the use of a braband to provide some downward compression of the upper slope of your left breast.  Be patient with your healing since you will be better able to judge the result 6 to 12 weeks after surgery.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Breast Augmentation

Hi Haihai,You look great!  No hematoma, no infection and even.  Just wait until you "drop n fluff."  All the best,  Dr. Joe

Recovery after BA and lift

Thank you for your question and photos. As the swelling goes down and the muscles relax your implants will settle and "round out." You will begin to notice some difference in the first week or so, but the entire process can sometimes take up to 3 months. Just be patient and I am sure you will ultimately be very happy with your results. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Lift with implants

It is too early to determine the final outcome of your breast surgery. Tissue expansion and an upper pole band may be useful to soften the upper pole of the breast. Consult with your plastic surgeon for questions and concerns 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

At 4 days post-op I think your recovery is going well

You have a beautiful 4 day result with a vertical breast lift, and my hat's off to your surgeon.  There are a couple of things to remember here.  First, almost ALL vertical breast lifts look a bit "flat" on the front surface of the lower breast for a while.  This is because we have to raise the nipple and areola up to a new position, and in addition to having to close the defect left by raising the nipple up, we also lift the breasts by tightening the skin of the lower breast.  This will make the breasts appear a bit flat for awhile until gravity and tissue tension from the implants causes the skin to relax a bit.  This may take several months.  This leads to the next thing for you to remember here, and that is that at 4 days, you are VERY early in the process.  Swelling will resolve and things will relax and settle, but as I said above, this will take a few months though.  At this point, try to be patient, although I know it's not always easy, stay in close contact with your surgeon regarding any changes or concerns you may have, and I fully expect that as things heal, you will be very happy with your long term results.

You are very early in the recovery period.  It will take 3-6 months for you to assess your final results.  During this time your breast shape will soften as the implants find their equilibrium in the pocket.  Swelling will also decrease.  During this time it is important to follow your surgeon's advice in helping you to recover properly.  Make sure to keep all follow up appointments and don't be afraid to ask questions about anything that is unclear.  Best wishes!

Camille Cash, MD

Your breasts will change

and you can anticipate that.  You should ask your surgeon what you can do now to help with settling if smooth round implants used.  If textured shaped, settling will not be as impressive.  Regardless, let your surgeon guide you through the healing process and best wishes for the desired outcome.

Curtis Wong, MD

I'm assuming they will round out after the recovery time correct?

Congratulations on your recent surgery.The appearance that you have now with implants that are high is completely normal after augmentation/lifting surgery. You're correct that they will settle with time. This process takes 3-6 months. You will notice the implant starting to settle in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your question. Yes, you are early in the healing process. Give your body a good 3-6 months to settle and then assess the results. Best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD