Am I a candidate for a Benelli Lift? (Photo)

I have had one consultation and forgot to ask specifically (I wrote it down for my next one). She did mention lifting my right side a little around the nipple (guessing Benelli ?). I know consults are necessary and I have 3 scheduled for the first week of August, but I am very impatient. I would also like implants to fill out what I already have. I am concerned with my already large "Base" that these implants are going to be HUGE and make me look heavier than I already am. Suggestions?

If you can live with mild asymmetries

as you have for your whole life, why bother with a lift now?  Get your augmentation and focus on having your upper poles level so your tank tops fits well and if your nipples bother you still, then have the lift on the lower one.  This can easily be done in the office under local and it gives you time to evaluate the scarring, risks, and additional costs to see if its really worth it in the long run.  

Am I a candidate for a Benelli Lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

​Am I a Candiate for a Peri-areolar or Benelli Lift?

You may not require a lift at all. Criteria for a lift are the relationship of the nipple to the projection of the underlying inframammary fold in the standing position. If your nipples are at or above the fold, you don't need a lift to get a good result with a breast augmentation. There are some patients whose breasts sag a bit below the fold but the nipple is at or above the fold and an implant usually is enough to lift the nipple forward and upward. Some patients whose nipple is at or close to the fold might want a little lift. The Benelli or periareolar lift is only useful if the lift is about 2-3 cm, about an inch.  Drawbacks are that pressure is put on the pursestring suture causing the skin of the areola to stretch out, postoperatively.  Regarding implant size, if the base width is about 14.5 cm, as it appears in the picture shown, then according to the Tebbet's High Five system, an implant in the 375 to 425 range would probably give a natural appearing breast. In person consultation is needed to sort out the anatomical variations that would result in a recommendation for a lift, no lift, or periareolar lift.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation with Benelli lift?

Thank you for your question about your augmentation and Benelli lift.

The Benelli lift will only lift the nipple.
In  fact, one breast sits lower on the chest than the other.
The Benelli lift will not correct this and may make the breast look odd.
Since you want an implant, I suggest you have the implant.
If the breasts are widened, you can either have a vertical lift with your implants
Or - and this is perfectly reasonable - have the implants you want, not huge ones,
And later a lift if you feel it is needed.
I would not be surprised if you are happy with the implants alone.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Benelli Lift Only for Minimal Ptosis

This type of lift may not be right for you, and it certainly doesn't work well on one side; the 'side effects' of the lift will create further imbalance between the two breasts. Make sure your consults are all ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all aspects of breast surgery, not just implants. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Lift +/- Breast Implants

Thank you for your question about Breast Lift.

One picture can't tell the whole story.  What is the distance from your lower breast crease to the nipple on each side? Does the center of your nipple hang below the lower breast crease?  How much do your nipples and breasts rise up in relationship to your lower breast crease when you raise your arms above your head?

Under the best of circumstances, textured anatomically shaped gummy bear implants might be all that you need.  It is more likely, however, that based on the above information, you will need some type of a breast lift in addition to breast implants.

It is important to note that if the implants you and your plastic surgeon choose are about 1 cm less than your breast base width diameter and if the implants aren't too large, then they won't make you look heavy.  Large, wide breast implants, put simply, can make a woman look heavy whe she is not.

To be sure, see at least two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have Breast Lift with Implants Surgery. It sounds like you are going on a total of four, which is okay.

I hope this is helpful

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Benelli lift with implants?

From the single photo if you were in my office I would definitely recommend (but not insist upon) a Benelli lift to elevate your nipples, narrow your areolae and prevent widening of your areolae from the tension provided by a breast implant.  Avoiding excessive augmentation is always important but the combination of implants and a limited (Benelli) lift should provide a very aesthetic change for you.  The video above has helpful information that you'll find of interest.
Good luck and enjoy!

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD