Is it Normal to Feel Tingling and Sharp Pains After Getting Hit on Your Boob Implant?

I had a little accident . i was carryng some mirros when all of tje sudden they slipped from my hands. i tried saveing them, my first reaction was holding them on my chest (hug) all of the sudden i felt my left boob hurt..,im freeked out.. this happend one week ago. ive been feeling sharp pains and a lil tingleing..., im not bruised and they still look the same.,im worried i probly ruptured the gel silicone.. or might have a hematoma.. i got my boobs done april 2011

Doctor Answers 5

Silicone gel rupture?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
In all likelihood, you did not rupture the implant and are bruised. I agree with Dr. Pousti's recommendation for anti-inflammatories and suggest following up with your plastic surgeon for evaluatiion.

Accident after Breast Augmentation?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination,  I doubt that there  was enough force/trauma to cause rupture of the silicone gel breast implant. It is much more likely that you have suffered a muscle strain. this will likely improve with time,  rest of the area,  and the use of anti-inflammatories.

If not, follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be in a better position to advise you.

Best wishes.

Give it a little time

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

you may have a simple bruise.  give it some time - if you notice a change in shape or a hardness in that breast, that would be something to see your doctor for.  hopefully its just a soft tissue bruise.  your implants are quite "fresh" and they typically are very robust.

Eric Chang, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Trauma and Breast Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is unlikely that  you have caused an implant rupture of your implants. You likely do have a muscular strain or bruise. Some ice and rest should allow the area to heal and the pain should resolve. If you continue to have pain or any noticeable differences, you should consult with your plastic surgeon who can perform a physical examination and who may recommend a MRI to further evaluate your implants. 

Ankit Desai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In all likelihood you did nor rupture your implant but with unusal discomfort it may be a good idea to get them checked out.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.