Rystalyne injection makes inside the mouth feel lumpy and wrinkles came back in 3 days.

I had Rystalyne injected into the areas around my mouth and nose and it was injected too deep that my skin is lumpy and saggier. How can i get this product removed? Its been 4 weeks now. I live in NJ. Also it seems like the wrinkles got deeper than before which makes me wonder what really got injected in me. The doctor that did it said they used 1CC of Rystalyne but when i asked to see the product he got very defensive. I just need this reversed. What should I do?

Doctor Answers 3

Lumps and restylane

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If it was restylane, then it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. Ask your doctor if he can do this for your if you are unhappy. If not, find another doctor.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Restylane and lumps

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Restylane is a great product for facial injections.  If you have lumps from the injections 4 weeks later then I would return to the treating physician to have the Restylane dissolved with Vitrase.  If you are concerned I would consult a different physician who is board certified in dermatology with experience in facial injections for a consultation.  Please let me know what happens.

Lumps from Restylane

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your doctor shouldn't have gotten defensive. It's fine if a patient asks to see a box. And I put the sticker from the box right in each chart. This is pretty common practice. Now, ASSUMING you got Restylane, it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. There are many physicians close to you (look on this site) who use hyaluronidase. And quite frankly, in my opinion, anyone who does fillers should also be confident in using the dissolving agent to get them out. It bothers me when injectors say they don't know how to use hyaluronidase.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.