How much improvement can I expect after rhinoplasty? (Photos)

Hi everyone! I had open rhinoplasty done almost 5 months ago and I'm kinda worried about the way my tip looks. It's still kinda wide, big and a lil piggy-looking, which is exactly what I hated about my old nose. I just wanna ask how much improvement can I expect to see in the future and is there a chance that it will narrow down quite a lot and become small and sharp? Thank you.

How much improvement can I expect after rhinoplasty?

Greetings

Thank you for your question, 5 months post op you are still very early for any results to show at this point, you will need time as you still have swelling which might take to 1 year before you see the final results.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty recovery

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty at 5 months

At 5 months you are very early in the healing stage.  You most likely still have a lot of swelling. Best to be patient with the result.

Result

Thank you for the photos and question but it really takes a year before what you see is what you are getting with a rhinoplasty so try to be patient but relate your concerns to your surgeon
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Rhinoplasty - postop swelling

thank you for posting your question. Postop swelling after a rhinoplasty takes at least a year. Usually around that time when the scars have matured the final result can be seen. So patience is key. You would not want to correct or perform an additional procedure before that time. I hope this helps Kind regards Bianca Knoll

Bianca Knoll, MD
Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon

Postop rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Tip swelling can last up to one year after a rhinoplasty.  In order to accurately evaluate your progress, it is helpful to compare your current nose to your pre-operative appearance.  I recommend you return to your surgeon and ask his/her advice.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Many patients are able to see the progress of their rhinoplasty at the 3-4 month post op mark, however, the changes are not permanent until you reach the 12 month post op mark. Remain patient, do not overdo it and discuss your recovery with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

5 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD