I'm not sure what is it gathering under and between the breasts?

There is something gathering under and in between the boobs, like some gelish liquid. And when I press on those spots feels like a bruise even tho there is no any, and they move. It is my 3rd day po and it seems the swelling got worse..

I would suggest calling your surgeon and asked to be seen. without an examination, I cannot tell you what is happening. However, you may have developed some fluid around your implants.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Something gathering between the breasts - Swelling?

Hi Briar.

This may be concerning to you, but without pictures and an in-person exam, it will be very hard to tell what you may be looking at. It could just be rippling, but you describe that you feel “gelish liquid inside…and it moves.” You also say that it is gathering as if it is getting bigger, so I may guess that it may be a seroma (fluid collection under the skin).

As you are early in the recovery period, the any other type of swelling is normal. Any surgery, breast augmentation included, creates swelling that will take time to resolve.  The more extensive the surgery, the longer for the swelling to settle.  In our practice we generally tell our patients that they should wait a month before 95% of the swelling is gone and at that time they can go out and by new bras.  Until then there is swelling that needs to resolve, and the implant settles down.

My recommendation is to follow-up with your board-certified plastic surgeon and let them have a look. Their advice and instructions should take precedence over anything else you read here.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Fluids gathering between breasts

Hello and thank you for your question. I am sorry you are having issues. From what you describe you could either have a seroma or possibly a ruptured implant. It is impossible to know without an in-person examination or more information such as pre and post photos and details such as the type of implant. You need to see your plastic surgeon in person right away to ensure nothing becomes worse. Best wishes.

Traci Temmen, MD

Swelling spots after surgery.

Hello,  thank you for your question.  It's difficult to give you an accurate answer without seeing photos.   Maybe it's something related with a seroma.  Please visit your PS office for a proper evaluation.  Best wishes.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Possible seroma

Without being examined in person, it is not possible to know exactly the reason for your symptoms. You should be seen and evaluated by your plastic surgeon in order to determine if there is a collection of fluid around the implant. Best wishes,Dr Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Concerns

Swelling does increase over the first few days post op. You will need to contact your Plastic Surgeon to ask about the specific dressings and status of your breasts.
All the best