21 days post-op, is this a double bubble? If so, is there a chance it will improve? (photos)

Hello. I am 21 days post-op. Immediately after surgery I saw on my left breast double bubble effect. When I talked to the surgeon he sad that it would disappear after a few months but nothing have been improved. Is it a chanse that this could improve ? I have siliconimplant Mentor 350 cc , 390cc, submuscular.

Is this a double bubble after breast augmentation?

I do see your concern. Although it is too early to evaluate the final outcome of the procedure performed, I would be agree that you do have a "double bubble" present. A "double bubble" is a cosmetically undesirable circumstance for patients with breast implants, which occurs when the breast fails to take on the shape of the implant, resulting in the appearance of a visible line showing a separation between the bottom edge of the implant and the bottom edge of the natural breast.  Sometimes, in situations like yours, the appearance of the breast improves over the course of the first several months; sometimes, additional surgery may be necessary to improve the outcome.

There are several options when it comes to revisionary surgery to improve your outcome.  One option is to eliminate the pull of the pectorals major muscle either by completely releasing it or by suturing the muscle back down, thereby placing the breast implants  in the sub glandular position.  Patients who choose to have breast implants placed in the sub  glandular position should have enough breast tissue coverage to allow for this conversion. There are disadvantages of placing breast implants in the sub glandular position (such as increased risk of breast implant encapsulation) which should be considered as you make your decisions.

Another maneuver that may be helpful is raising the inframammary fold using capsulorraphy techniques. Sometimes, depending on factors such as quality of skin along the lower breast poles, additional support provided by acellular dermal matrix or biosynthetic mesh may be very helpful. I have also found the use of acellular dermal matrix very helpful in cases where the skin/tissues are very thin and in cases of recurrent breast implant displacement. The acellular dermal matrix helps improve contour, improves irregularities caused by the underlying breast implant and/or scar tissue, and provides additional support ("sling" effect) for the breast implants.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

21 days post-op, is this a double bubble? If so, is there a chance it will improve?

Early in recovery it may help to wear an underwire bra. Ask your surgeon about taping. This was the lower ptotic breast and the attempt to lower the posket may have made it too low. If revision is contemplated consider a lift on that side. Please read below:

Mild "double bubble"

Yes - this does look like a mild double bubble situation.  It may improve with time (3-4 months), as the tissues relax.  If not, a revisional procedure may be required.  Best to continue to follow-up with your operating surgeon, and share your concerns.