Best size to go down to based on my frame?

So, I am 5 ft 0, I weigh 145pounds, and I have a 32 DDD cup size currently. I have had large breasts my entire life and I am seriously considering a breast reduction, but I don't know what size would be best. I have a nice hourglass figure, so I don't want to lose that by going down into too small of a size, but something has to give, I am tired of my back hurting and not being able to find good bras that fit well.

#DDD #breastreduction

You would likely be a candidate for a breast reduction with your insurance (if your policy covers breast reductions). If you choose to use insurance, the policy will likely have a minimum number of grams that will be required to be removed before the insurance company would pay for your surgery.

In terms of breast size after surgery, you need to discuss your desired outcome with your PS. 

Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Best size to go down to.

Many ask to be as small as possible after breast reduction, however the aesthetics are often dictated by breast and chest shape. If the base of the breast is wide or full, a D is a common result, especially with a smaller chest such as your 32 in. Look at bras you wish to wear after, and do have a clear discussion with your surgeon what you like and what you expect.

Size

The size that you can be reduced to depends on the the width of your breast at the inframammary level. If you reduce more than that you will not have a nicely shaped breast. Based on having DDD breasts ot sounds like you can be reduced to a C+-D. This question should be able to be answered during your consultation.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery.  

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. When a breast reduction is performed, a breast “lift” occurs as part of the procedure. Patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise. 

When the time is right,  seek consultation with well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.  I suggest that you do not communicate your goals in terms of achieving a specific cup size. For example, a “C or D cup” or "proportionate" etc may mean different things to different people and therefore may be a source of miscommunication. In my practice, I ask patients to communicate their goals with the help of goal photographs. 

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Best wishes as you work towards your goals.