Will my nose continue to change drastically?

I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty on Jan. 4th, 2016. I love it so much already and a little worried it will look a lot different as time goes by. Will there be little change?

Drastic Changes Shouldn't Last for Much Longer

Dear msperie93, congratulations on your nose job! Your surgeon did fine work. For the first few months after surgery, your nose may appear to be changing as swelling subsides. After about a year, your nose should be fully refined and no longer change its appearance, unless you break your nose or experience some other sort of trauma on the face. If you are concerned that your nose’s shape is changing too frequently, remember to have periodic visits with your surgeon so that he or she can ensure that your nose is healing normally.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with 3 months after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Best to ask and see you operative surgeon to discuss healing and swelling issues following a rhinoplasty.

Swelling

Congratulations on your rhinoplasty msperie93! Edema or swelling after surgery is very common and resolution of edema could be why things seem to be changing. This swelling can take up to a year to resolve.  It is important to maintain follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can examine you and see what the cause and treatment is.  Best of luck, MMT

Change in rhinoplasty appearance

Thanks for this question.  Your rhinoplasty looks nice from the pictures you posted.  I tell my patients that their "final" result will be achieved at the 1 year point after surgery where most of the swelling is gone, however we know that changes actually occur over time even from 1 year to 10 years after surgery.  I would not be alarmed by this though because our bodies and faces change over time as well during this time period.  Typically if you are happy at 4 months, you will be even happier at 1 year since some of the swelling will go down even more.  Every now and then, swelling can mask some minor imperfections but they not be noticeable until 1 year postop but just keep your follow up appts. 

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon