I am interested in a lip lift? (Photos)

I had rhinoplasty 3.5 years ago which altered my smile. The area between my nose an upper lip increased and I no longer show teeth when I smile. Am I a good candidate for a lip lift.

Lip lift after rhinoplasty?

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
  1. I am sorry your smile changed after your rhinoplasty -
  2. Your lip does look longer - this could have been from surgery or from swelling after surgery.
  3. The lip lift is done int he office with local anestheisa, with sutures out in a week and about 2 weeks before it feels natural again.
  4. I suggest you see a plastic surgeon who does this operation for an exam -
  5. Most people are very pleased with their results.
  6. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Upper Lip Lift to Improve Tooth Show

Dear amgh505~ Thank you for your question. The lip lift procedure shortens the distance between the nose and upper red lip, resulting in increased tooth show. It also everts the red lip and gives the appearance of a fuller upper and lower lip. From the photographs you shared, it seems as if you would be a good candidate for this procedure. It would also be helpful to see a non-smiling photograph to get a better sense of the relative height of your upper lip compared to the rest of your face. Best wishes! Sincerely,
Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD

You are a great candidate for a lip lift!

Hello amgh505 - Thanks for your question. From what I can see, you are a good candidate for a lip lift. It is an office-based procedure that can be performed under local anesthesia alone. It is a common procedure in my office and patients are typically very happy with the results. I would encourage you to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for more information. Please see my video on what to look for in a plastic surgeon you can trust.Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon