I have a round dark flat mole on my face.What's best way to remove it with minimal scar and how much would this cost?

Doctor Answers 1

Cheek mole

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your first step would be to have a biopsy done to determine the exact nature of this pigmented lesion (from the photo it appears to be what is called a "congenital nevus") and how deep it reaches.  Unfortunately these lesions often reach deeply into the skin and the only way to remove them is to excise the whole lesion - either in one session - or in multiple smaller sessions to give the skin time to stretch. The end result  will be a thin surgical scar.

Boston Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.