Rough Cost Estimate and Wait Time For MOM After 2 C-Sections? (photo)

I live in Atlanta GA. I have found this picture and decided to post it because its identical to the way I look. Except I have more visible stretch marks. I am a mother of 2- both delivered by c section. I am interested in the tummy tuck/breast lift mommy makeover procedure and I am looking for a rough price quote for my situation- in the ATL area and how long should I wait after the c section before considering this procedure? Thank-you =]

Mommy Makeover!

The timing of mommy makeover surgery following pregnancy and C-sections is important and several issues should be considered before proceeding with surgery.  It takes time for a new post –pregnancy body to reach its new baseline following pregnancy. During this period, stretched skin may contract, a swollen uterus may shrink, and the weight gained during pregnancy may gradually disappear.  

The breasts also undergo significant changes with pregnancy and breast feeding. This results in breast enlargement, which continues with nursing.  After nursing is stopped, it takes time for the breasts to return to their new baseline.  At this point the breasts may be smaller and have sag.  These changes may take three to six months to occur.  Mommy makeover surgery shouldn’t be undertaken until these changes are complete and the situation has stabilized.

The cost of mommy make-over surgery varies significantly and is dependent upon a multitude of variables.  It’s important to understand these variables and how they contribute to any fee quote you may receive.  For instance, does the fee quote include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges, and breast implant charges or just the surgeon’s fee?

In the midwestern United States, where I practice, the fees for a mommy makeover with anesthesia and facility fees included typically range between $10,000 and $15,000, depending upon the exact combination chosen.  It’s very important that patients have a thorough understanding of these issues.  Make sure all your questions are answered. 

The Approximate Costs of a Mommy Makeover

The #costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate #costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org. Also, the costs are contingent on the specific #procedures being combined in the operation. Such will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation. Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. 
Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift After C-section in Melbourne, Florida

I typically advise my Melbourne, FL, Mommy Makeover patients to wait at least three months after finishing with breastfeeding before breast surgery in order to assure the breasts have completely involuted and returned to baseline. In addition, I would consider waiting a minimum of three months and possibly as long as six months after your last C-section for your tummy tuck. Regarding a price quote, it would be impossible to determine the exact price for you without an examination. I would recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

Mommy Makeover after C -Sections

How old is your youngest child?  Are you breast feeding?    Usually we like to wait at least 6 months from your last C-Section, and or breast feeding to consider abdominoplasty ( tummy tuck), and mastopexy ( breast lift).   Do you plan to have any more children?  If so, you would want to wait on the tummy tuck.  Based on the photos, you would be an excellent candidate for this surgery.  We quote fees at consultation, as each case is different.  A rough estimate would be 12K to 15K for surgeons fees, anesthesia, operating room, overnight stay ( 23 hour stay), garment, etc..  Also, only see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (certified by the ASPS) for a major surgery such as this.  Hope this helps.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Timing and Costs of Mommy Makeover?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would suggest that you achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing “mommy makeover” surgery.

At that point, it will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery;  keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Mommy make over after C section

Hello! Are you breast feeding? No surgery until 6 weeks after breast feeding. 

If not, you can have a MOM 3- 6 months after your C-section.

Rough quote - for anesthesia, operating room, post-operative garment, breast lift, tummy tuck with liposuction - about $12,000.

For this operation, be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Best wishes and enjoy your result.!

Cost should never be your only concern when considering a Plastic Surgical Procedure

From observing the photos that you have posted it would appear that you need an abdominoplasty and a breast lift.  At our office in the atlanta area the average cost for an abdominoplasty is $6,500 and the cost breast lift is approximately $4,500. Please know that cost alone should never be the only factor that you consider when selecting a plastic surgeon.  At a minimum he should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a membeer of the American Society of Plastic Surgery.  If the procedures are performed at the same time there is a cost savings.  If you had a recent C section then it is appropriate to wait from 4 to 6 months before you consider this operation, it gives you a chance to recover from your recent pregnancy and for your soft tissues to tighten up a bit.  Also you would want to be finished with breast feeding prior to the procedure.