Could I have hematoma? (photos)

Im 4 weeks 2 days post op. 4 days ago i took my son swimming for his birthday and as i was splashing around i had an enourmous searing pain in my left breast. I wasn't actually swimming as i can't swim so didn't expect this. Now i have a pretty much constant sharp pain that is worse in different positions but unbearable when i lay down. Medication doesnt touch the pain....only applying pressure works. I cant see any bruising or swelling and my surgeon isnt in clinic as hes broken his ankle.

Hematoma?

You need to be seen in office if you think it's a hematoma, from your pictures it doesn't appear you have one, but if you are in that much pain you need to be seen in-person. If your doctor is out, ask about seeing his nurse or assistant or referring you to someone who can help, if he will be out long term. Hope this helps. 

Closed capsulotomy

Sounds like you tore something inside. There is a possibility that you performed essentially a closed capsulotomy.  It may not be a problem.

Breast Pain Concern

Your Plastic Surgeon will have someone covering their case load or be able to advise you via phone/email at least. It would be difficult to evaluate whether you have an injury without seeing you in person though. A collection of blood in the breast pocket will typically cause a significant size difference, visible bruising and swelling.  I recommend that you arrange to be seen in person as soon as you can.
All the best

Haematoma

It does not look like a haematoma. I assume your implant is under the muscle so it is likely you have pulled some scar tissues insides or partly torn the edge of the muscle - best to use your support bra another 6-8 weeks and it should settle but see your surgeon soon to be sure

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Hematoma occurring four weeks after breast augmentation is extremely unlikely.

I don't see anything in the photograph that is particularly worrisome. Nevertheless, checking with your own plastic surgeon.

Hematoma?

If you had a significant hematoma, the breast would have grown in size.  It does not necessarily have to show bruising.  However it appears that your breast is the same size as the left one, and therefore I do not think you have a hematoma.  I believe you have torn some early scar tissue while in the pool, and that it will heal.  You should, of course check it out with an exam by your surgeon, to be sure.  I advise my patients to take ibuprofen (with food) to relieve the inflammation, and warm  (not hot) tub soaks to relax the muscle and subglandular tissue, GET YOU SURGEON'S APPROVAL BEFORE YOU DO THIS.  HE MAY HAVE OTHER OPTIONS.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma

It does not appear that you have a hematoma and it appears you have a good result from your surgery. IF you think there is any chance one side has increased in size in the past several days, you should call your surgeons office to be seen. Hematoma's can happen a month after surgery, but would be rare. Call your surgeons office ASAP to be seen and evaluated.