Otoplasty: Doctor said it is my fault they came out this way. (photos)

Hello I had a otoplasty to close my ears to join the military and after I woke up from surgery I looked and found a very dissapointing surprise, the doctor had not minimize my earlobes which are half an inch he just cut around the hole and stitched it back together leaving my ear lobes sticking out towards my shoulders instead of towards my head. And one ear completely mis shapen I am completely aware of swelling But I know they arent suppose to come out uneven and with 2 earlobes on each ear.

Earlobes

I do agree with you in that your earlobes somewhat asymmetric.  Fortunately, there are ways to make them look more symmetric and more natural.  This can be done under local anesthesia in the office setting.  

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stretched or Gauged Earlobe Repair Should be Performed by Experienced Plastic Surgeon to Avoid Pointy Shape

• The photos you've provided show stretched earlobe piercings that were closed in a straight line without proper removal of earlobe tissue.
  • The result is a pointy, unnatural appearing earlobe.
  • Here in Seattle, we repair lots of stretched or "gauged" earlobes.  These earlobe repairs must be approached differently than a simple torn earlobe piercing. 
  • It is necessary to excise tissue in both the vertical and horizontal directions in order to shorten and narrow the earlobe in order to end up with as natural an appearance as possible. 
  • The good news for you is that your earlobes are salvageable, but another procedure will be necessary.
  • AND, this procedure should be performed with you awake, using only a local anesthetic, by a plastic surgeon experienced with stretched earlobe repair. 
  • Thanks for sharing!