Will the new wrinkles around my mouth go away , when the swelling from lip injections go down? (photos)

Hello Dr.'s, I had lip injections in my top lip yesterday. They are very swollen this morning, which I know is normal. They are also turned upwards due to the swelling. I now have a few new wrinkles around my mouth where the lips are turned upwards. Most noticeably on my right side, your left. Is this because of lip swelling? Will it go away?

How long before new wrinkles go away after having lip filler?

I tell all my patients to give it at least two weeks for any filler to fully settle and for swelling and bruising to go away.  Any concerns that persist after two weeks can be addressed then.  Patience is a friend, in this case.

Dr. K

Swelling of lip

Lips can swell quite a bit from injections. I would give it a week or two to settle down. Best of luck.

Swelling from Lip Injections and Wrinkles

It appears from the photos that the swelling is from the injections themselves as well as the new "wrinkles" that you have observed. I would wait two weeks to see if the swelling goes down and how your lips look then. Best, Dr. Green

Will the new wrinkles around my mouth go away when the swelling from lip injections go down?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  You are right, with the amount of filler placed you have had some swelling develop into your upper lip which is likely causing some degree of your upward turned lip and wrinkles.  This swelling tends to resolve over the next week or so while 2-4 weeks are needed for your results to look more natural.  Hang in there and be sure to speak with your injector with any concerns.