Jaw pain from chin compression (Smart Lipo 2 days ago). Relief?

I just had Smartlipo under my chin and jowls 2 days ago. I am experiencing Extreme jaw pain when wearing the compression strap, I have tried loosening the strap to ease the pain. Is this normal? Is there another way to effectively wrap my chin are without involving my jaw?

Chin liposuction.

Compression garments after chin liposuction can be very uncomfortable.  If it is causing you pain, you should discuss with your surgeon to find a new solution.  We have devised special wraps in these situations.

Cedar Park Family Physician

Smart Lipo

Thank you for your question. Smart Lipo provides a recovery time that ranges from 2 weeks to just a few days, varying based upon the patient and their procedure. You are experiencing some of the swelling that is customary after the procedure. Please follow your surgeon's recovery instructions and be sure to keep your surgeon updated as to your recovery progress. It is always helpful to have pictures on this site.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon