Is 400cc's to big for me??

So I am 5'8, around 130 pounds and am lean. I am a b cup as of now and I want to be a d cup. I chose 400ccs in my pre-op today but now I'm afraid it will look unnatural. I do have a big butt so it looked proportional but I was watching YouTube videos of women who had breast augmentations and they had less than 400ccs and it looked huge. So now I'm afraid that I chose a size to big for me. HELP! Should I go less?

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Implant Size Choice

Typically breast implant options are chosen based on your breast measurements and these can be different from other women of a similar body size so their options will not necessarily be your options and the look you achieve would be different than the look of the same volume on someone else. My patients find it the most helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office with a form-fitting T-shirt in order to get a feel for how they will look.

Talk to your Plastic Surgeon about your concerns.

All the best

Selecting the right size.

Your plastic surgeon has the best vantage point to give you advice, much better than any of us plastic surgeons on this webpage. Think of him as a baseball umpire making a call at first base vs. a fan who is sitting in the stands.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD

Implant volume, some advices :

Thanks for your question. 
I recommend you to send your photos to give you the recommendations you need.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  The best advice would be to bring goal pictures with you during your consultation and to also utilize sizer implants so that you may better visualize whatr each size implant will help you achieve.  Then together with your surgeon you may biuild a surgical plan to best help you achieve yuour overall desired goal.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Breast augmentation

I'd suggest using 3D photographic imaging so you could view yourself with the 400cc implant.  You can make small adjustment to the volume with the imaging technology.

John Burns, MD

Is 400cc's to big for me??

It really depends upon your breast base width which her surgeon should have measured.  If you tried sizers on an 400 cc seemed appropriate for you then with your height you should be okay with 400 cc.  However if you are concerned 350 cc should also evaluate to cup enlargement in the same style and manufacture of broths to currently wear.  I suggest you revisit your plastic surgeon and work out this important issue.

Is 400cc's to big for me

Best breast size is in the eye of the beholder. Anatomy will limit your options so not everyone can have any size they want with the first implant and no breast distortion. Your final size is determined by your starting breast size and the final implant volume. what is looks like depends on these factors as well as your height, weight, thorax dimensions, IMF/nipple relationship and skin envelope. Take some images of breasts that look good to you to your plastic surgeon and let them determin what implant size will achieve that goal. Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Volume question

Without a picture or an examination, it is impossible to advise you on what volume, shape, or style of implant will work well for you.  Questions of this nature are best answered in consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  A 400 cc implant on someone who is 5'0" and 32 band size will look a lot different than it will on someone who is 6'0" and 38 band size.  It's not like putting bumpers on Chevrolets.  One size does not fit all.  Also, bra manufacturers do not have standard cup sizes so your doctor cannot guarantee a final cup size.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD