2 months post my right breast is not dropping. Advice? (photos)

I had my surgery 2 months ago. 400cc under the muscle. My left breast looks like it dropped and I'm happy with how it looks. My right is still high. It is firmer than the right one, but it doesn't hurt. My PS thinks I might have early cc and prescribed me singular and massage. He said we will have to wait at least 3 more months and I might need a revision. I don't like the fact that he didn't seem to be sure if it is cc in fact.. don't want to takerase singular if it's not nessesary or pointles

Asymmetric Drop

Taking the supplements that your Plastic Surgeon has advised is a typical first step and appropriate if CC is suspected. Simply allowing more time may also help as you are still early in the drop & fluff process. I recommend that you continue to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as they are being proactive with your care- and try not to worry about a revision until at least 6 months post op when you can reassess.

All the best

2 months post my right breast is not dropping. Advice?

Thank you for your question. Based on pre op you have tight skin envelop and that may be holding. It may settle down next few weeks. If not after 6 months revision needed. It is difficult to say some times early capsular contracture. That may be reason why your PS put you on singular.

More likely high riding implant

From the pictures you submitted it is far more likely you have a high riding implant that hasn't dropped and maybe never will and will require a revision at a later time. Continue to discuss this with your surgeon and how he/she would like to proceed. 

Probable early capsular contracture at three months.

Three months is about the earliest anyone would see capsular contracture but the artificial support of the breast implant due to early postoperative swelling by now should have long since subsided.

Implant position

it appears that your implant is riding high, likely due to the tightness of your chest naturally. that being said, it should drop more like the other one but will likely not drop enough. massage and upper breast pressure down should help some. continue with your doctor to assess for revision in future.

good luck,

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon and follow their instructions.  You are still early on in your recovery and I know it seems hard, but being patient is crucial. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets, sometimes you heal quicker in one breast than the other and one implant can even drop sooner than the other one.  If one implant is still sitting too high, the use of a breast binder and a foam wedge is beneficial to add downward pressure to that breast. I would continue to perform your breast massages and take your Singular as prescribed. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Implants haven't dropped yet

hi there, thanks for your question and the photos. In fact it's not hair your right that has not dropped but your left is still no quite there yet either. Given your starting size and the skin envelope state this is hardly surprising. This should all settle down over the next few weeks. Superior pole Implant stablisers are thought by some to help although with accurate surgical technique it should all be fine  in time. Hope this helps. Good luck

Ross Farhadieh, MBBS, MD, FRACS, FRCS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Based on the tightness of your breast skin envelope from where you started to the size of implant placed it is not surprising that one of your implants is still a bit high in relation to the other.  The swelling from surgery is flattening your implant and holding it high on your chest, and once this resolves, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. I do not think that you have an early CC as yet.  Hope this helps.

Can be difficult

I know sometimes that we as physicians can sometime seem unsure.  It is most likely because we are.  CC is sometimes hard to diagnose early post op.  '

I doubt you have CC but just a high riding breast implant.  It may settle over the next few months but most likely will require a capsular release.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Breast issue

It would be nice to see preop photos with your arms down. Also, it can take some more time for the implants to descend.  It is unlikely that you have a CC at 2 months, but you may need a revision if the implant does not come down.