Liposuction on butt, thighs & stomach while 70lbs overweight. Can this be done?

I am 70 lbs over weight how much lip suction can be done

If you are in otherwise good health, liposuction can be done but the question is will it meet your expectations.  I suspect it will not.  Liposuction is most effective in patients who are HWP who have a few areas that are unresponsive to diet and exercise.  I limit my liposuction to no more than 5 liters and that is about 11 lbs.  In the grand scheme of things, 11 lbs is not that much in someone who is 70 lbs over weight.  Also, you are at much increased risk for a variety of surgical complications.  And one other thing, if you do not have a good food plan in place and your weight creeps up after liposuction, you could end up with a very weird fat distribution. 

I encourage you to seek out a medically guided weight loss program.  That would be the safest and probably most effective treatment. 

Liposuction while overweight

Hello Mary,

Thank you for your questions. You bring up many good points - Can liposuction be performed in someone that is not in their ideal body weight? If the answer is yes, will they be happy with the result? 

The answer is YES if it's the right person and the expectations are known in advance. The patient link provided below is an example of my patient that was not happy with her body weight, figure and could not loose weight. Her BMI was very high.  She was young and in excellent health.  She underwent liposuction / lipo-sculpture and had a significant improvement. Due to her age, she did not require any skin excised. Her incisions were very small. In her post treatment procedures, it appears as if she underwent a great augmentation! However, this change in body profile was due to liposuction only. She was very happy with her results. If she were older, her skin may not have been so smooth after her lipo-sculpture procedures. She may have needed excision of her skin. As we age, our skin does not snap back to it's original position after the underlying fat is removed. 

So it really is dependent upon your age, health and expectations. In general, the less fat you want to be removed and the fewer areas you want treated, will result in a lower cost to you. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Kulick

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck -- CANDIDATE?

If you are overweight liposuction will "work" but have a minimal effect and likely will not give a good cosmetic outcome. I suggest weight loss, posting pictures, and getting a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction on butt, thighs & stomach while 70lbs. overweight?

In general, liposuction should not be considered a treatment for being overweight.  If your BMI is over 30, you would be better off working on weight reduction options (diet, exercise, gastric bypass) first, before considering liposuction.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuctionn

Thank you for the question and liposuction is NOT a diet procedure and is used to contour areas of fat resistant to diet and exercise.  So lose weight first and then be evaluated

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

How much liposuction and can be done

Wait or BMI or not in the caterers if someone is a good candidate for Lipo suction or not.

Fat distribution is by far more important.

The perfect candidate for liposuction has too much subcutaneous(fat between the skin and muscle) fat and all the wrong places with Noah other underlying problems keeping them from looking their best.

For example a woman who has had children with muscle separation lots of loose skin and thin layers of fat will not do well with liposuction.

Most plastic surgeons limit fat removal tool around 5 L or just over 5 quarts in a single session.

While liposuction it's not a weight-loss procedure the majority of patients who have this procedure or somewhat overweight.

70 pounds overweight is still generally within the realm of patients who tend to be excellent candidates for liposuction.

My practice is devoted exclusively to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fat transfer.

I have a private practice in San Francisco and also work for elite body sculpture in Roseville California.

I suggest having several in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's who have extensive experience with liposuction.

You may also consider reposting showing pictures of yourself which will give us a better idea of how to more accurately answer your question.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon