How much more does it cost if I get alar base reduction at the same time as a septoplasty/rhinoplasty?

I'm planning to get a septoplasty covered by my insurance and I also want rhinoplasty how much more would it cost if I got alar base reduction

Alar based Reduction with Septoplasty/rhinoplasty

Dear luckyladybug, In my practice the fee for a rhinoplasty is inclusive of any techniques that are used during the procedure to ensure that the patients nose has their desired outcome. So there is no added fee for alar base reduction to rhinoplasty. After consultation and a full discussion of the procedures which will be performed the surgeon will quote you a fee and this will be based on your insurance coverage for the septoplasty and the costs of the cosmetic portion of your procedure. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Septoplasty and cosmetic rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question. I routinely will combine septoplasty that is covered by insurance with cosmetic work. The cost will vary from region to region and surgeon to surgeon. Usually you would just pay the surgeon a fee for a rhinoplasty rather than for specific parts, since frequently you need multiple things. A consultation with a surgeon who does both septoplasty and rhinoplasty would help you figure out what specific things would look good for your nose.
You will also be responsible for additional fees for the facility and anesthesia that would be for the cosmetic part of the case. Your surgeon should be able to give you estimates for all of this. Good luck with your surgery.

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a septoplasty, rhinoplasty, and an alar- plasty

The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly determined by the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, time monitored under anesthesia, and the surgeon's professional fee for performing the surgery in addition to all the post operative follow up appointments. In our practice, an alar plasty is part of the rhinoplasty fee and is not additional. A septoplasty is billed to the patient's medical insurance  once medical necessity has been documented and pre-authorization has occurred. Co-pays and deductibles will still apply. For more information our current price list, and many examples, please see the video and the link below