Could I be a candidate for a Tummy tuck after previous surgeries? (photos)

The scar above the belly button is from a hernia repair (11 yrs ago). I'm told there was a mesh inserted. Vertical scar below belly button is from 2 emergency c sections (22 and 20 yrs ago) and a cystectomy (17 yrs ago). I also have a horizontal c section scar (14 yrs ago). With all of this, can I still have a tummy tuck?

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks would address your areas of concern. If you can get your weight as low as possible before surgery, the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

TT Candidate

Hello, thanks for your picture and for your inquiry. You are a candidate for the procedure you want, most of the previous scars will be gone after the abdominoplasty. Still I recommend that you lose some weight before your procedure in order to keep you safe and to obtain the best possible results. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for tummy tuck?

Yes you are candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. The previous surgeries are not a contraidication to do it, your scars except for the one over your belly button will be gone. An in person examination is necessary to explain what can be achieved. Be sure to see a board plastic surgeon.Best wishes.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Previous scars and Tummy Tuck

Despite the operations which you have described, and the resulting scars, you are still a candidate for a tummy tuck, so long as your physical examination and history does not reveal anything additional which might prevent you from having the surgery safely.  Scars below the belly button do not pose much of a problem.  The mesh used for your hernia repair is likely to have scar tissue around it and your surgery may take a bit longer.  Dr. B

Ramin Behmand, MD

TT candidacy with previous surgical scars

Hi and thanks for posting your question and photos!
Based on the photo and information about your previous operations-you would still be a candidate for TT procedure. You would likely be able to rid yourself of the majority of the surgical scars from your past. I'd advise having a consult with a reputable board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best approach for your best outcomes!
Best wishes on achieving your goals! 

Rachel Streu, MD

Could I be a candidate for a Tummy tuck after previous surgeries

None of the scars you have will interfere with a regular tummy tuck. I think they should still be able to elevate and remove the excess skin.

Julio Garcia, MD

Candidate

Yes you are a candidate for tummy tuck surgery provided you are medically suitable as well.The technique is flexible to avoid compromising your previous surgeries.Hope this helps.Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Could I be a candidate for a Tummy tuck after previous surgeries?

Yes, you can still have a Tummy Tuck and during that surgery the existing abdominal scars will be removed and replaced with the low horizontal TT scar.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Prior surgery is not a contraindication to having a tummy tuck

and since you already have a vertical scar, it would likely be used again.  But this is something to discuss with your chosen surgeon.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and find out what you can have done.

Curtis Wong, MD